Cleaning the interior plastic

rain91

Vehicle Model
fb6
Body Style
http://soundcloud.com/lazy_rain
Im sure im not the only one whose noticed it, but has anyone found a good wipe or product to clean the plastic thats on our dash, door panel, pretty much everywhere. Im getting a lot of , what i hope arent scratches and dirt where my shoes and other peoples shoes hit before getting in the car.

yospeed.com has doorsills for the 9th gen which should help that area. I'll let others comment on dash products. Microfibers work well to pick up dust/debrit before using a product though.

I actually keep a Swiffer in my car, and use it whenever I notice excess dust accumulation.

Beyond that, I wash occasionally with mid soap and water, then apply a vinyl conditioning product, which will make minor scuffs and scratches less noticeable.

I'm not sure what the name is, but it's a stick with a very soft fluffy hair that will attract dust to it(great for reaching as well). I keep it in a plactic bag under the seat.( and have a longer one in the trunk for out side use if needed.
Microfiber cloths for everything, I use a interior conditioner as well.

Last but not least I make sure I don't touch my door seals w/my feet............ But poo happens sometime :pianodance:

cJuLP.jpg

swiffer?

The natural shine also gives a nice smell to the interior, unlike the weird smelling armor all. Lol.

303 Aerospace Protectant. It's not a cleaner but it works well on all the interior (non-cloth) surfaces.

To clean use any good "All Purpose Cleaner" (APC) as they're called. I like Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103. Don't use it full strength either. Dilute it 10:1 and use a toothbrush since most Civic plastic is textured.
$15.99 a gallon!!! Cheap! And you can use it on tons of stuff. I recently cleaned the top of the fridge with it.
http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M43/All-Purpose-Cleaner-Plus-D103-P385/128-oz-S1/

Since you have to buy one anyway I find it easiest to just buy the meguiars D103 bottle since it has markings for proper dilution and the bottle is already labeled.

Update on this thread, I've played around with a couple interior cleaners and this one is the best, that I have tried, Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant with 3M scotchguard. Leaves the interior plastic nice and deep black, not too shiny just a slight shine to it. Looks beautiful, and I keep a small microfiber under my seat. Whenever I see dust building up or the plastic part by the door sill getting dirty a quick pass of the microfiber towel and good as new :)

Here's a link to it..
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...N-257p?itemIdentifier=231425&_requestid=29931

Im sure im not the only one whose noticed it, but has anyone found a good wipe or product to clean the plastic thats on our dash, door panel, pretty much everywhere. Im getting a lot of , what i hope arent scratches and dirt where my shoes and other peoples shoes hit before getting in the car.

Mild soap and water is pretty much all I use. For the textured surfaces that have a bit of dirt ingrained, you can use a fine nylon brush after removing the majority of the dirt. Or, a toothbrush like was mentioned before.

For scratches in the sill plastic, pretty much the only cure is to lift your feet and educate passengers. If it's real bad, consider replacing the plastic panels, they aren't terribly expensive from the dealer. I would like to get some of the plastic that the dealers toss out ( stuck to interior parts, paint, etc before delivery ) to put on there to give an extra measure of protection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366171115.329132.jpg
I just used this today on my dash, door panels, and the rest of the plastics. I only use it when it needs it as I usually don't have the windows down. It pretty much just cleans it, leaving the dash looking just the way it did when you bought the car, clean with NO residue or blackening of the plastic, just plain ol clean!

Their Speed Shine and their Speed Shine rags ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366171516.658491.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366171571.114109.jpg
These rags are the softest rags I have EVER used, way softer than your average micro is, just remember don't launder with fabric softener!

Back