Photos Rims/Wheels on your 9th Gen Civic: Show me some pics!

Like all around street driving or serious track business?

The size isn't going to effect handling as much as tire width and compound. A smaller wheel with a very wide sticky tire will out handle a larger wheel with a cheapo tire.

A 17" wheel will cost less to buy tires for than an 18" so if you are on a budget you could get a better performing tire for the same money and thus better handling. If you're not racing buy the wheel you like the look of cause that is what most people buy them for.

I believe from the auto-x guys one of the best tire sizes is a 235/40. It provides the largest contact patch with the lowest sidewall. Your speedo may be slightly off but if you are looking for "the best" handling tire size, 235/40 in a 17"

Popular tires for serious grip: Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs, Bridgestone RE-01s, Hankook Ventus R-S3.Again though serious grip and soft tires means they will not last long. Like 12k miles instead of 30k.(obviously depends how you drive)

civicwhite17.jpg

civicwhite5.jpg

civicwhite15.jpg

I've got questions...
Anybody running 19" wheels?
I would like to get sum wheels next year. The ones I really really love r 19". Ones I love/like I can find in 17 or 18. I like the look of the wheel/tire sticking out from the car a lil. /---\ I don't want to drop in NYC which is why I'm thinking 18 or 19. I know the stock tires are 215/40-17. So what size wheel n offset and tire size would give me the look I want. This would be for spring/summer/a lil fall. Not winter

I've got questions...
Anybody running 19" wheels?
I would like to get sum wheels next year. The ones I really really love r 19". Ones I love/like I can find in 17 or 18. I like the look of the wheel/tire sticking out from the car a lil. /---\ I don't want to drop in NYC which is why I'm thinking 18 or 19. I know the stock tires are 215/40-17. So what size wheel n offset and tire size would give me the look I want. This would be for spring/summer/a lil fall. Not winter

honestly, lowering the car completes the look. I have 18's and they look completely stupid when its at stock height. especially because they poke a little.

19x8.5" Rotiform BLQ Concave wheels orange candy centers RotiForm Wheels
19x9.5" Rotiform BLQ Concave wheels purple candy centers RotiForm Wheels
45_2011SEMA_TJIN_Civic_Si.sized.jpg

20x10.5 Vossen CV3
14foxmktgcivicsi.sized.jpg

as others have said above, it's going to look very 4x4 truck-ish with 19's and the stock suspension.

Ok. Any springs available that would give a drop like the hfp cuz that's not that low to me. And the last pic u posted webby those r the wheels I'm looking for! Concave five spoke with silver n black. Hot!

Hey Freddiii, some things they aren't mentioning that you may not be aware of.....

To get super flush fitment like that you are probably going to have to modify your fenders. Roll the fronts and either roll or cut/trim the rears. Also you may run into rubbing and hitting the wheel on the fender itself.

With really wide wheels like 9"+ you will have to run a thin narrow tire to fit. Most likely with a bit of a stretch. And you will need camber kits to get enough negative angle to fit the wheels under the arches.

If you are only going with a moderate drop like the eibachs it's very possible you won't run into any rub/fender issues but something to be aware of.

Plenty of lowered cars around here lol. I don't want to be hella flush like the photo. I just love those rims. And they said it wouldn't look right with out some sort of drop. I don't want to be worried about rolling and tucking and hitting fenders. I don't even know what camber is lol. So I'd be willing to drop a lil maybe. Just depends on funding. But there r so many lowered cars in NYC of many types, but I always run into potholes myself.

Another thing to think about is the sidewall of the tire. On a 19" rim, you're going to have a stiff ride. Not much room between the rim & the road.

Yea I kno the veloster has 18 but they r so hard u feel everything. Makes the car bounce. If I find a nice wheel in 18 I will get that.

debating on which wheels to get. i have a cbp si sedan and im stuck on the hfp wheels or rpf1's with white powder coat. both are 18 inches.

Back