Blimpcity's 10th

Bump for another build thread. Will be adding photos of my shiny new K24 Crew sticker once the weather improves.

I'll be posting some more pics soon...when this nasty Ohio weather changes! Also, I'm working on my wife to attend the Tail of the Dragon II. She seems to be receptive to the idea...

Be on the lookout for caravan threads as we get closer to the date. Depending on when others are leaving, you can hook up for the drive down.

Be on the lookout for caravan threads as we get closer to the date. Depending on when others are leaving, you can hook up for the drive down.
That sounds like a sweet idea. Thanks for the heads up!

LED tail lights scheduled for delivery from UPS today...pics to follow soon!

Well, they arrived and have been installed. Unfortunately, it's too cold, dark and late to get any good photos of them fully illuminated with the S3. I'll take some better shots on the weekend:20130313_191218.jpg20130313_200207.jpg20130313_200235.jpg20130313_202224.jpg

Last edited:
they look great ...you happy with them?
Yes. The quality is superb. They went in in less than 20 minutes. The signal bulbs looked too white, so I swapped them with the factory signal lights. I wasn't sure about the different look of the signal/reverse light portion from online photos, but they look pretty good installed. Overall, a nice inexpensive mod to set it slightly apart from most other 2012 sedans.

they look great ...you happy with them?
So, an interesting issue has arisen. The resisters cause interference with the radio when the brakes are applied. Severity depends on the radio station signal strength. Most stations get very fuzzy when I'm on the brakes. No effect when using the USB or CD.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: You're car is looking sweet sir. Usually I dislike painted brake calipers, but the color contrast you created by doing them yellow makes it stand out. I really like the look of them a lot. Are you planning on lowering it in the future? :popcorn:

Back