Honda Civic Tourer Concept - Anyone else want one?

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
Euro Honda Civic Wagon Concept Unveiled At Geneva Auto Show
Honda_Civic_Wagon_Concept_4_255B3_255D.jpg

Official images of the new Honda Civic Wagon Concept have surfaced on the web, in advance of the car's world premiere at the Geneva Auto Salon on Tuesday.

With this study, the Japanese carmaker is affording us an early look at the production model that will follow next year broadening the European line-up of the Civic compact hatchback.
Honda_Civic_Wagon_Concept_3_255B3_255D.jpg

Like many other concepts from Honda and its premium arm Acura, the Civic Wagon is more of a pre-production model with some fancy accessories and trim bits like the LED surround lights on the headlamps and lower air vents, side skirts, large alloy wheels and a diffuser-equipped rear apron, than a true concept-study.

Honda_Civic_Wagon_Concept_2_255B3_255D.jpg

Take away all those details that make the concept look cool and replace them with the same parts found on the regular Civic hatch, and what you're left with is the model that will go on sale next year to compete against the Ford Focus Wagon and VW Golf Variant.

The Geneva show car will be fitted with Honda's newly developed 1.6-liter four-cylinder turbo diesel generating 118HP (120PS) at 4,000 rpm and 300Nm (221.3 lb-ft) at 2,000 rpm.
Honda_Civic_Wagon_Concept_1_255B3_255D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the overall look of it, however I think it would look a lot better in a different color other than that champagne. Wonder if the rear doors are suicide style doors like the Element... it would appear that is the case... if so it would make loading large stuff easy.

I like the overall look of it, however I think it would look a lot better in a different color other than that champagne. Wonder if the rear doors are suicide style doors like the Element... it would appear that is the case... if so it would make loading large stuff easy.
the rear doors look like the same pieces that are on the regular european model civic. they aren't suicide style, and you can see the door handles at the base of the C-pillar

the rear doors look like the same pieces that are on the regular european model civic. they aren't suicide style, and you can see the door handles at the base of the C-pillar

I didn't even see them there, wow... would be sweet if they were suicide though. I think the color chosen for the concept is rather pedestrian... they could have picked a much higher impact color, IMO. Center exhaust outlet is nice looking, but wouldn't be a deal breaker if it didn't happen. I wish we could get the diesel option here!

Last edited:
the interiors on the euro civics look a lot more upscale as well. but they do cost a lot less in the US.

2012-honda-civic-hatch-4.jpeg

put a roof rack on it, and you could get some mountain bikers/snowboarders/campers etc to get interested.

Heck, toss a trailer hitch on that sucker and show it pulling a pop up tent trailer... that might get some people interested!

I've never liked the "Station Wagon" since it's 1st inception, and still don't.

I dig it. I wonder if it will make US sales (different design, of course).

Not crazy about the front but overall looks good. The rear should be left as-is.

Well that's the Euro design. It's very...Euro. Lol.

Last edited:
That's a pretty great looking car. The new MQB version of the Golf Variant looks fantastic as well. I'm not sure I'd ever purchase a wagon myself, but I still like the looks of them.

My overall impression is this concept is cool. Would love to see more of the info they have split in the lower dashboard.

My overall impression is this concept is cool. Would love to see more of the info they have split in the lower dashboard.
The euro civic hatch is basically the same inside and it's been out for a while now. This is a LHD version of the interior, but same instrumentation.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362417385.195873.jpg

I like it but I would wait till the official concept makes it at Geneve. The front of this Civic is the same as the Euro Civic and the interior from the pics above look exactly the same as the one in thr EU Civic. The rear end does not look alike (somebody made a comment about this). The lights look very different, but still they hava the same concept of dividing the rear window which is - bad :)

Exhausts are great in my opinion :)

02_exterior.jpg

01_exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back