Hybrid Racing cai with rbc

no one would have it... it's not out till march. It's in a preorder state

No one has the Hybrid Racing cai yet (except for a couple of beta testers). I think the 1st batch currently shipped out.

Nvmnd. 1st batch will be shipped on the 1st of March.

I just purchased the Hybrid CAI for my 9th gen Si that has an RBC/ZDX combo. I will be installing it either today or tmrw so will post back to let everyone know if it is a simple bolt on and/or what modifications need to be done to get it to fit.

Edit: I had my car tuned on Friday, picked up 22hp with the RBC/ZDX combo. Then we put the Hybrid CAI on (just bolted it to the t/b....wasn't installed in correct location) and I picked up another 8 hp peak.....BUT it gained HP AND TQ all thru the power band. A total of 30 whp with the RBC/ZDX/Hybrid CAI and 8 wtq.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's some serious gains. Keep us updated if anyone else gets this combo. Pics of it installed?

8th members are having issues with their HR CAIs bc the MAF housing (bypass) keeps getting loose. Be sure to check your coupler regularly to see if it loosens.

Just an update, I'm about 80% done with the install. It is FAR from a bolt on installation! Only 1 of the two bolts on the battery relocation bracket lines up on the frame rail. The clutch slave line/bracket needs to be unbolted from the gold colored bracket that is held onto the trans by two 12mm bolts that hold the case of the trans together. Then you will need to bend the hard line for the slave cylinder carefully so it will not interfere with the battery and the shifter arms. Then that gold bracket needs to be hit with a hammer to move it towards the passenger side or the battery will not drop into the bracket. The coolant reservoir hits the bracket also, I just unbolted the reservoir and moved it out of its bottom perch towards the frame rail then bolted it back in......this way it clears the battery holder and is still solid...easy enough. Then you have the ABS sensor wire, it goes along the frame rail where the battery bracket bolts against. I suppose you could just bolt the bracket on with the wire smashed in between the frame and the bracket but I took the wire harness loom apart and rerouted the wire. Getting the battery terminals to bolt on is pretty tricky also, you need to be very careful not to let the positive terminal touch against the battery bracket. I also had to take the wire looms apart a little to get the positive harness to reach. Just a lot of little annoying things. The upper radiator hose fits perfectly however! I will try to get a pic up sometime later. I started getting sick last night and I am really feeling it now.

EDIT: BTW, Webby I'm not going to post my dyno sheets due to the fact that Inline 4's dyno reads very low. When I went in for my first tune my baseline was 158whp & 138wtq. This was with full exhaust and intake. After flashpro tuning it went to 180whp & 164wtq. Now after the RBC/ZDX/Hybrid CAI I'm at 210whp & 172wtq....that's a 52whp/34wtq gain with simple bolts ons (minus the CAI haha). If I post dyno sheets it will just turn into a pointless thread about dyno numbers, different dyno types etc. Bubba at Inline 4 does an excellent job at tuning and I'm VERY happy with how the car is running now!

Last edited:
That's cool man. At least you have a baseline and a "final" # that show a significant gain. If someone else dyno'd lets say 200hp at another location, they would at least have an idea of about a 50hp gain. Pretty sweet.

Install sounds like a headache at the least.

Install is complete. One more issue to watch out for is bleeding the cooling system. Since the supplied upper rad hose dips down for more clearance it is very difficult to get the coolant to fill into the head. I would recommend taking the plug out of the RBC manifold and filling coolant into there to avoid an air pocket and risk overheating.
image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
no worries on the dyno sheets. I'm aware that every dyno reads different. All that matters is how your numbers change from time to time on the same machine.

I'm guessing you feel a pretty huge difference driving now

no worries on the dyno sheets. I'm aware that every dyno reads different. All that matters is how your numbers change from time to time on the same machine.

I'm guessing you feel a pretty huge difference driving now

I will tell anyone looking to do the RBC intake swap that most of your power gains are going to be WAY up high in the rpm range. In fact, before we put the Hybrid CAI on I actually lost some power/tq down low between 3k-4.5k rpm. The Hybrid CAI gained it back.......we are talking about 5hp/5tq.....nothing major but still not the area where you want to loose power on a daily driver. If I had the dyno sheet of before/after the Hybrid CAI I would post it but I only have my final sheet with the Injen CAI installed. I would still recommend the RBC manifold to anyone however, partial throttle feels much more responsive (although a lot can be attributed to the ZDX t/b) and my gas mileage has gone up. Not to mention the intake sounds soooooo much better! You can hear the vtec x-over much clearer and it just looks way better in the engine bay.

Yes Webby, the car pulls WAY harder compared to before. If anyone would have asked if I thought 50+ whp was possible with just bolt ons on this motor I would have said no way. It's enough to keep me satisfied for now and concentrate on getting my turbo EK back on the road!

Back