DIY Resonator Delete (Si Sedan)

I did this last weekend and have noticed a whirring sound when slowing down. Kind of like blowing over the opening of a bottle. Except higher pitched. Not sure how much I like it. Definitely notice a bit of a better throttle response, though.

I had read about the Rick Spec'd for the 8th and then I talked to him on 8th. He said they have one for the 9th coming soon. From what I've heard it puts up really good numbers on the 8th so that might be where I'm headed when it becomes avail

Just finished. Just FYI you don't need to take the wheel off, just turn it all the way to the left. Took me 15 minutes. A little tight squeeze pulling everything out but nothing too bad. Nice little sound difference too. I don't think water is an issue unless your blasting through deep puddles a lot. And if your doing that well... You know :)

Those retainer clips are kind of flimsy too, be careful. I broke one.

Is there not a filter you can buy to put on the open piping by the wheel well? I know the plastic should work fine but better safe than sorry I guess.

Easy as pie. Took me 1 hour. But if I ever need to do it again it definitely is a 15 to 30 minute job. Excellent diy. Thanks! :D

To piggy back off of a prior question, Once the resonator is off do you or don't you have to disconnect the battery to and then let the car idle for 10 minutes to reset? Thanks in advance

Is there not a filter you can buy to put on the open piping by the wheel well? I know the plastic should work fine but better safe than sorry I guess.
You probably could use one of those K&N mesh wraps to cover the opening to stop some excess debris. I'm gonna look more into this as well since I kind of feel the same way about having a huge hole exposed so close to the ground and wheel.

a side note: i installed my takeda momentum intake, and this res delete works great with that intake as well, basically a CAI with the conical filter/icebox up higher

a side note: i installed my takeda momentum intake, and this res delete works great with that intake as well, basically a CAI with the conical filter/icebox up higher

The Tekeda is the intake I am considering. Did it increase the throaty sound? I really like the throatiness of the res delete an increase would be nice. Not big on the full CAI vacuum sound.

The Tekeda is the intake I am considering. Did it increase the throaty sound? I really like the throatiness of the res delete an increase would be nice. Not big on the full CAI vacuum sound.

yesh, it's a SLIGHT CAI vacuum sound under throttle stabs, not much under WOT, and not that noticeable, only a very SLIGHT increase over the res delete, it's a good sounding intake.

Great DIY post. K&N air filter is a must if you do this. Ive driven threw some heavy rains and puddles. Checked the filter and it was bone dry.
Safe, fun and simple mod.

I'm still too nervous to do this. I never did it on my FA5 and just went with an SRI. Think I'm gona do the same on the new one. Living up in New England sucks sometimes.

Back