Debadging....Why and What

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
When I debadge I don't want anything but H or Honda left, no model badges. I DO like the special badges like the Si ........... So I wouldn't want Civic/Accord/etc.

When I owned a King Cobra Mustang II ... 5.0 L , with air package, Alum block, & tranny housing...... someone say a M II would run ? .... But anyway there was nothing left on the car but FORD & 5.0 ................. Nothing that said Mustang, does anyone not no what a mustang is? And that leads me to why I don't want model references, I can look at a car I'm interested in and tell what it is, if I don't know, I'll have the fun of researching it.

When referring to web sites I like the model names, so we know of like interest, So maybe my mind flip-flops...?

What say ye? What do you like to leave, or remove?

I say remove. I think it looks cleaner without the "civic" badge, dealer logo/sticker.... whatever. I know some like to remove the "ivtec" off the doors, and the si badges to make it more of a sleeper.

I am all for debadging. I definitely like the clean look. I went round and round with myself as to whether or not I should get rid of the Si badges, though. I decided to keep them on because it is a pride thing for me. It is my first performance car. To me, it is akin to leaving on the RS, SS, or even RS/SS badges on a Camaro. It is just minor enough to set the car apart and the people that will know what it is will appreciate it for what it is.

I am all for debadging. I definitely like the clean look. I went round and round with myself as to whether or not I should get rid of the Si badges, though. I decided to keep them on because it is a pride thing for me. It is my first performance car. To me, it is akin to leaving on the RS, SS, or even RS/SS badges on a Camaro. It is just minor enough to set the car apart and the people that will know what it is will appreciate it for what it is.
I agree , like leaving the 5.0 on my Stang, back in the late 70's.....
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...Aujo0wHtuYDgBw&sqi=2&ved=0CE4Q9QEwAw&dur=6591

Last edited:
Back