FREE, Sales and Rebates thread

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
  • Staff
  • Staff
Any sales on comuputers/laptops? Might need to make a purchase really soon..... :(

Any sales on comuputers/laptops? Might need to make a purchase really soon..... :(
Check out woot.com
They have a few different websites that all feature one item per day at a very good price, and often they have laptops/desktops

When things pop up in things that I follow I try and post them up. I haven't really gone looking for anything.

Gotcha...

Check out woot.com
They have a few different websites that all feature one item per day at a very good price, and often they have laptops/desktops

I will check it out....kinda have my eyeball on a Levono Y500 laptop, but we shall see.

Damn desktop desktop shutdown on me randomly and then doesn't want to boot up. The cell phone is also acting up too!

Damn desktop desktop shutdown on me randomly and then doesn't want to boot up. The cell phone is also acting up too!
without looking at it, I would put my first guess on a bad power supply. Unplug the power cable from the back of the computer tower. Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the power cable. When you do insert it, look at the back of the power supply. Most look like this -

m8iXrio.jpg

There is a fan on the left hand side on the example above. Your fan coule look slightly different, but they're usually very similar. Look into the cutout of the metal to see if the fan moves at all when you put the power cable in. Some power supplies won't, but I've seen a number that will when you initially push the power cable into the tower. On every dead power supply I've dealt with, the fan won't budge at all when you insert the cable. You can find replacements relatively cheap & be back in business.

without looking at it, I would put my first guess on a bad power supply. Unplug the power cable from the back of the computer tower. Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the power cable. When you do insert it, look at the back of the power supply. Most look like this -

m8iXrio.jpg

There is a fan on the left hand side on the example above. Your fan coule look slightly different, but they're usually very similar. Look into the cutout of the metal to see if the fan moves at all when you put the power cable in. Some power supplies won't, but I've seen a number that will when you initially push the power cable into the tower. On every dead power supply I've dealt with, the fan won't budge at all when you insert the cable. You can find replacements relatively cheap & be back in business.

I will check it out but the power supply was upgraded to a Corsair 4-500W? when I upgraded the GPU about 2-3 years ago. When it freezes the comp with still be powered but the image and the "processing" just all stops. Have to manually shut it down. When I go to boot it up it will fully boot up then freeze, try it again and it doesn't even get to the windows logo on boot up. Try it for a third time and it will work fine.

Last night it it wouldn't pull up anything on the screen. It sounded like something was trying to start/spin up but it would make a click noise then try to spin up again, click, then spin again.....over and over.

I don't really want to buy something new but I think it is time.....the tower prob it a good 5-6 years old. Trying to decided on buying a laptop(Levono Ideapad Y500) or build a tower.

ah, I thought you meant it just wouldn't power up at all. That's not a power supply issue you're describing. "Click" noises usually means the hard drive is on it's last leg. If you have anything you need to save ...get it off the computer to a cd/usb drive...whatever. If you have a lot of important stuff, you can potentially pull that drive and install it into a different computer. They may be able to access that drive as a slave drive, and copy content over. If you buy a new computer, you could even do that yourself. It's just a matter of 4 screws and a plug. (pm me if you want help when you get to that stage. I can walk you though the process)

Amazon: Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Baking Mixes as Low as Only $2.70 Per Box Shipped

Here are even more late night craving gluten-free deals for ya!
icon_wink.gif
Head on over Amazon where they are offering up clippable coupons valid for up to $6 off participating Gluten-Free Baking products including Betty Crocker Cookie, Cake and Brownie Mixes! Plus, you’ll save even more when you opt for Subscribe & Save.

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, 19-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
$20.39 with Subscriber & Save
*After you clip the $4 coupon, you’ll pay just $16.39 – $2.73 per box!
Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
$20.39 with Subscriber & Save
*After you clip the $4 coupon, you’ll pay just $16.39 – $2.73 per box!
Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix, 15-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
$22.19 with Subscriber & Save
*After you clip the $6 coupon, you’ll pay just $16.19 – $2.70 per box!
* Remember, when you sign up for Subscribe and Save, you are under NO obligation whatsoever and can cancel at anytime. To cancel or modify your Subscribe and Save items, just click on “my account” and then “subscriptions” and with the click of a button you can cancel and/or modify anything you want.

http://hip2save.com/2013/05/20/amaz...ng-mixes-as-low-as-only-2-70-per-box-shipped/

Great for anyone who is gluten free. I am gluten & dairy free and absolutely love the cookies. Close enough to pillsbury to me, hubby likes them also. Betty Crocker had a page up at one point to make it butter free by replacing the butter with vegetable oil. I believe I pay $4.59 for a box at our grocery store...makes roughly 24 cookies

Last edited:
FREE: 7-11 Slurpee

Be sure to SIGN-UP FOR 7-11 TEXT ALERTS to get a 7-11 FREE Slurpee! This would make a fun treat if you are traveling.

The coupon expires 15 minutes after you activate it, so be sure you are ready to check-out WHEN YOU ACTIVATE IT.

The fun will continue all summer with a different free product or exclusive offer each week.

After you get the coupon, you can text back STOP to PREVENT ADDITIONAL TEXTS.

From: http://www.southernsavers.com/2013/06/7-11-free-slurpee-when-you-sign-up-for-text-alerts/

Redbox Code | Free 1-Day DVD Rental

Make tonight a movie night! Text LOVE to 727272 for a FREE 1 day DVD rental from Redbox!

a09c9c74e7c744e6825be8fa887a5572.jpg

Come Together
Our customers do amazing things everyday. A customer buys the next person in line their favorite beverage—not as an act of charity or thanks—but an acknowledgement of commonality and humanity. The gesture is small, but the act is endlessly inspiring.

In times like these, small acts of civility like these make a big difference. With that, we are extending a gesture. If you come into Starbucks and buy someone else their favorite beverage, we’ll give you a free tall brewed coffee.

We’re hoping this small motivation will encourage you to be the spark of connection that helps bring us all a little closer at a time when showing our unity is so important.

#payitforward—and lets see what can happen.

Offer good October 9–11, 2013 at participating stores.

Buy a friend or a random person’s coffee and get a FREE tall coffee.

This is a fun deal and a great B1G1 offer if you were planning on buying a coffee anyway. Plus, if the person is PARTICIPATING in front of you, they could buy your drink for an even better deal and more coffee!

This offer is valid at participating stores or the drive-thru.

Back