DIY flip remote key

Good idea as long as all of the buttons fit and there is a place for the chip and it does look like it will fit. I am excited to see how this works out. :dance1:

Rick has one working and I just ordered mine, I will do a DIY for it once I get my hands on it!!!

i got mine working with a few speed bumps,

• the key blank was just barely too big to get all the way into the lock so the locksmith had to lightly sand both sides to take down some material after cutting
  • the transponder either needs to be relocated or another one used, the locksmith who cut and programmed actually had a spare valet transponder that he programmed and put that in the key instead of messing with desoldering the remote
  • the space for the remote package is bigger than the remote package so a couple pieces of foam tape on the back of the remote package stopped the rattling

^^ think the 9th key would basically be the same situation as that?

probably, the 9th gen uses the same keys as the 8th gen

the blank needing to be filed and the remote package rattling could be related to loose manufacturing tolerances by whoever is manufacturing those keys

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I stumbled on these flip keys on eBay too. I'm curious to know if anyone else successfully completed this DIY?

i have one and it works fine as long as you either relocate the transponder as mentioned earlier in the thread, or use the transponder from a valet key

european ver. all key

131359958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back