Honda Delivers First Honda Fit EV To California Customer

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda Delivers First Fit EV To California Customer

honda_fit_ev_first_customer_628.jpg

The EPA-rated 118 MPGe Fit EV is now available for lease in select California and Oregon markets

American Honda Motor Co., Inc., delivered the first all-electric 2013 Honda Fit EV to a couple in Southern California, the company announced today. The 2013 Honda Fit EV is the latest in Honda's diverse and expansive portfolio of alternative-fuel vehicles, earning a combined adjusted Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mile-per-gallon-equivalency rating of 118 MPGe1, and an unprecedented low consumption rating of just 29 kilowatt hours (kWh) per 100 miles.

Ventura County, Calif., residents, Matt and Becky Walton, took delivery of their Honda Fit EV at the Woodland Hills Honda dealership located north of Los Angeles. The couple was the very first registrant to sign up to lease the Fit EV at www.FitEV.Honda.com and plan to use their vehicle as a daily commuter car. Matt and Becky Walton have a long history of owning Honda vehicles, beginning with a Honda N600 sedan and a Honda Z600 coupe in the 1970s and now a Honda Odyssey which will be used as a secondary car.

"It's truly an honor to take delivery of the first Honda Fit EV and participate in the advancement of all-electric vehicles in the real world," said Mr. Walton. "The Honda Fit EV is not only a sustainable and energy efficient transportation option with the highest fuel-efficiency rating of any EV, but it has the added bonus of being fun-to-drive and can fully recharge from empty in less than three hours."

Addressing a critical step in advancing electric vehicles in the real world, American Honda initially will certify Honda dealers in select California and Oregon markets as Fit EV dealers to provide an excellent customer experience for Fit EV customers' sales and service needs.

The Fit EV will be available for lease-only in key markets starting in California and Oregon, after which availability will expand to East Coast markets in early 2013. The Fit EV's lease price of $389 per month over a three-year term computes to a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $36,625.

Customers interested in leasing or learning more about the Fit EV are encouraged to sign up at www.FitEV.Honda.com.

Nice color.......Ouch at the pricing for it but atleast you get insurance for it.

"In a creative marketing strategy, Honda will be offering leasers collision insurance without any deductible, nice way to entice customers and close the cost gap between electric and gasoline vehicle."

I guess the cost would be close to a regular lease rate(seeing $250 for 36 months) with the gas savings and help on the insurance cost.

• Staff
there are federal tax credits up to $7500 right now for electric vehicles, so that helps.

Oh.....forgot about that. Wonder if that would go to the individual or to the dealer? Either way, how do you think it would factor the lease terms? if any at all.

• Staff
It's a tax credit to the buyer of the vehicle

• Staff
Honda Offering Discounted Fit EV Lease Pricing

Honda's subcompact electric vehicle is on sale. Starting June 1, the automaker will offer a $259-a-month lease on the Fit EV; that's a decrease from $389 a month.

The new three-year lease offer is good for current and new Fit EV customers, and includes some pretty nice perks: no down payment, unlimited mileage, free routine maintenance, collision coverage and a Leviton 240-volt home charging station. Honda says a full charge on a 240-volt charger takes only three hours. "This new lease program makes the Fit EV one of the most affordable electric vehicles available in the U.S.," the automaker said in a statement.

The all-electric hatchback is powered by a 20-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery and a 92-kilowatt electric motor for a combined 123 horsepower. It has an EPA-rated miles per gallon equivalent of 118 MPGe and a driving range of 82 miles. The Fit EV joins a growing list of compact and subcompact EVs including the Nissan Leaf (115 MPGe), Ford Focus EV (105 MPGe), Fiat 500e (116 MPGe), Mitsubishi i-MiEV (112 MPGe) and Chevy Spark EV (Chevy estimates 119 MPGe).

But, like most EVs, widespread availability is complicated. Honda says it has a network of Fit EV dealers in California, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland, Rhode Island and Connecticut, and it plans to expand its dealers from 36 to 200 by the end of June.

Last edited:
I want the clarity FCX. Their fuel cell vehicle!

I would totally buy an all electric car. I just need the price to come down to around 20-25k for me to consider it. Id still have to maintain a second vehicle for long trips but the EV seems perfect for almost everything I do.

Wow! I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.
I'd agree that there are some serious perks -

no down payment, unlimited mileage, free routine maintenance, collision coverage and a Leviton 240-volt home charging station. Honda says a full charge on a 240-volt charger takes only three hours.

Reactions: Nix
Back