2013 LX wheel fitment 18 x 8 +20

Joe DeGaetano

Jackson, New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hi guys, new to the forum, and new to the 9th gen family!
I just picked up my 2013 LX a few weeks ago and already purchased a set of Touren TR3 rims, 18x8 +20. The offset is pretty low, and I'm not sure what the stock offset is for the LX. Will I need wheel spacers? And will I have any fitment issues, such as rubbing?? I want to make sure that these wheels will fit before I purchase tires and have the wheels installed. If I do need wheel spacers, which ones should I get? Sorry for the noob questions, this is my first time buying aftermarket rims.
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

So I will have to roll my fenders? Looks like I'm opening a can of worms with these rims haha

It depends. Are you on stock suspension?

You'll be at the same height, but roughly an inch and a quarter wider than you're currently sitting. Like ~1.2" further out towards the fenders. You could measure and get an idea of where that'll be on your car.

Hey Joe,

You won't need spacers. The stock offset is +45. As the number gets lower like +35 and +20 the wheel is going to move out wards closer to the fender. Spacers are generally to push the wheel towards the fender. If your wheel was a +55 and the tire was rubbing on the suspension you would run a spacer to gain some clearance.

I suspect that even at stock height you will rub on the fenders. Not while just driving around but when you hit bumps and dips.

A 205/40/18 tire would probably be the safest size to try and run for clearance but will result in a bit of tire stretch. I don't know if this is something you are willing to take the risk of running.

You could always run a 215/40 for a minimal stretch but ideally a 225/40.

I'm currently fighting the same thing on my wifes 8th generation civic sedan. Stock height with 18x8.75 in a +35. It rubs front and rear. I shaved the rear fenders yesterday with an angle grinder. It almost completely eliminated the rubbing. Looks like I have a little more to go. I am also going to roll the front fenders later this week. Hopefully everything will clear.

I seriously don't understand how some people run such wide wheels and claim no fender work, no rubbing, and huge like 2" drops!

Last edited by a moderator:
A drop will pull the wheels in somewhat though.

Hey Joe,

You won't need spacers. The stock offset is +45. As the number gets lower like +35 and +20 the wheel is going to move out wards closer to the fender. Spacers are generally to push the wheel towards the fender. If your wheel was a +55 and the tire was rubbing on the suspension you would run a spacer to gain some clearance.

I suspect that even at stock height you will rub on the fenders. Not while just driving around but when you hit bumps and dips.

A 205/40/18 tire would probably be the safest size to try and run for clearance but will result in a bit of tire stretch. I don't know if this is something you are willing to take the risk of running.

You could always run a 215/40 for a minimal stretch but ideally a 225/40.

I'm currently fighting the same thing on my wifes 8th generation civic sedan. Stock height with 18x8.75 in a +35. It rubs front and rear. I shaved the rear fenders yesterday with an angle grinder. It almost completely eliminated the rubbing. Looks like I have a little more to go. I am also going to roll the front fenders later this week. Hopefully everything will clear.

I seriously don't understand how some people run such wide wheels and claim no fender work, no rubbing, and huge like 2" drops!
I was going to go with 225s, but my I spoke to my mechanic before, and he recommends 215/40, but I'm going to the shop tomorrow to test fit the wheels and see what needs to be done if any adjustments need to be made. I'm definitely not down to go for tire stretching haha. I'm not crazy about rolling fenders either, but if I don't have enough clearance, I will roll them, simply because I do not want to pay shipping to exchange for a rim with a different offset lol.

Back