Skunk2 springs are available for 2012 SI's!!

Coming from skunk2 directly.

u6anu2ap.jpg

Maaaan...so much for a complete remove and replace. Sucks that now we gotta cut the bump stoppers. Hopefully they'll revise that..

Where are these located? I've haven't gone to install mine yet but from the DIYs I haven't noticed these anywhere

like this - but find out how much skunk wants you to cut them....

PsVxnlf.jpg

LBsFbtt.jpg

This is what the bump stop looks like and it's located when you disassemble your top hat to put your new springs in. It's not that big of a deal if I knew you were supposed to cut it when I was installing it I would've done it already

This is what the bump stop looks like and it's located when you disassemble your top hat to put your new springs in. It's not that big of a deal if I knew you were supposed to cut it when I was installing it I would've done it already

Do you know if it'll cause any problems if you cut it?

I posted the email as soon as I received it but I think at that time you were already at the shop getting it installed and they shouldn't charge you much. They just need to remove the fronts, remove the top hat and take out the bump stop to cut then put it all back together then it's done.

but then again youre 2013 i wonder if i have to do that for my '12 since skunk 2 says 2012 civic si springs it may be different?

They are all the same springs I mean you don't have to take my word for it, you can install it and see if you still want to cut em or not

Ordered my Skunk2 lowering springs yesterday! I can't wait to see how they look on my car :)

I took my car back to the shop where I got my springs installed and I told them about the issue. I asked if they could cut the bump stop and they said that it wasnt recommended. They told me to give it a couple of weeks to let it settle some more and if I wasnt satisfied they would cut if I still wanted them to. Im gonna wait and see what happens. I think skunk2 messed up and they should be resposible and do somethin to take care of those who bought these spring.

I took my car back to the shop where I got my springs installed and I told them about the issue. I asked if they could cut the bump stop and they said that it wasnt recommended. They told me to give it a couple of weeks to let it settle some more and if I wasnt satisfied they would cut if I still wanted them to. Im gonna wait and see what happens. I think skunk2 messed up and they should be resposible and do somethin to take care of those who bought these spring.

I think it's not skunk2s fault cause my buddy has eibachs on his and in the instructions it says to cut the bump stops 40mm maybe it's the way our car is designed.

So what's wrong with the skunk2's? And what's up with having to cut the bumps? It's not just install springs? You have to cut sh** too? :/

Back