Any others Around NE Canada?!?!

Got a question about window tint. I know in NS its illegal to have tint on the windows to the right or left of the driver. I was thinking of putting 50% all the way around, just curious if anyone has had any police run ins with 50% and if so what happened and how much is the fine? Ive read horror stories where they hand you a scraper to remove it or they impond the car. Any ibsight would be appreciated. Thanks

Got a question about window tint. I know in NS its illegal to have tint on the windows to the right or left of the driver. I was thinking of putting 50% all the way around, just curious if anyone has had any police run ins with 50% and if so what happened and how much is the fine? Ive read horror stories where they hand you a scraper to remove it or they impond the car. Any ibsight would be appreciated. Thanks

I know a few people who have been fined for it, some cops will be nice and tell you to remove it or show up to the station next day with it removed and they'll rip up the ticket. They're really anal about tint in Halifax, there's a lot of cars down in the valley though that get away with it, just keep your windows down when you see a cop lol. If you go darker in the back than the fronts it may also make it less noticeable at a glance.

I have 50% front 35% rear. I'm in Quebec and have been pulled over for speeding. The officer didn't mention the tint. Halifax is a different ball game though. I visit the Fax occasionally and it's true that cars with front tint are rarely seen.

Last edited:
I have 50% front 35% rear. I'm in Quebec and have been pulled over for speeding. The officer didn't mention the tint. Halifax is a different ball game though. I visit the Fax occasionally and it's true that cars with front tint are rarely seen.

Yeah, the ones you see come from Quebec haha

I know a few people who have been fined for it, some cops will be nice and tell you to remove it or show up to the station next day with it removed and they'll rip up the ticket. They're really anal about tint in Halifax, there's a lot of cars down in the valley though that get away with it, just keep your windows down when you see a cop lol. If you go darker in the back than the fronts it may also make it less noticeable at a glance.

Thanks for the heads up. Its a stupid law because 50% is really light and the law isnt flexible, they should allow 50% oh well thanks for the info, appreciate it.

I'm from the states, NH to be exact, but my parents have land in Nova Scotia. Shinimicas. My dad is full Canadian, born in Amherst nova Scotia, maybe I'll see some of you when I'm up there on summer vacas

Do you happen to have any pics of the 50% front and 35% back? Id like to see what that looks like. All I need to do is make the appointment I just cant seem to make up my mind lol

Last edited:
Hello Im from Saint John NB......I just have a question.....I recently ordered an eibach prokit for my 2014 civic ex.....Im just wondering about legalities on lowering a car for 1.5 inches......

Hello Im from Saint John NB......I just have a question.....I recently ordered an eibach prokit for my 2014 civic ex.....Im just wondering about legalities on lowering a car for 1.5 inches......
I'm not sure what the law says but I wouldn't worry about lowering your car 1.5"
Most people won't notice that your car is lowered at least those who are not car buffs.

Thank for the reply. im waiting for the eibach prokits and koni yellows to be delivered. looking forward on putting it on my cAr. I dont know if Autopro has some experience installing sport suspension. they quote me 260 cad labor for four hours. i hope that I can install it myself and let them do the alignment. I dont have the tools though.

Last edited:
Back