2012+ Honda Civic Suspension Options With Product Info & Links

Last edited:
What are my options for lowering my EX sedan? I was looking at the Skunk2 lowering springs but do I need the Skunk2 rear Caber kit and front camber bolts to go with the lowering springs?

Much thanks for any contributed help, im lost.

Any springs with a 2" or greater drop will require camber arms and bolts. You can use any brand camber kit.

Some sites list the Pro-kit springs for the 12-13 civic sedan (non-Si) 1.0" front , 0.7" rear. Others have it as 1.2/1.0 as OP listed. Does eibach make 2 variants?

for the non-si... directly from the eibach website:

the prokit

coupe
Front: 1.2 in
Rear: 1.0 in

sedan
Front: 1.0 in
Rear: 0.7 in

Thanks webby. So the look of the car will be largely the same as your image in the first post? I mean its only 0.2-0.3 difference for coupe.

I assume its to compensate for sedan weight difference?

Last edited:
The look of the car would basically be identical. I don't know the spring rates on the various brands. You'd probably have to ask each manufacturer for that info. I just pulled data from their sites.

I haven't seen non-si spring rates posted. The 8th gen non-si were:
Front 170~175 lbs. / inch
Rear 200 ~ 205 lbs. / inch

Prokit are almost identical spring rates to stock.

H&R are about 10% stiffer than stock.

Tein I dont know.

I'm thinking of going for ksport coilovers, I'm looking for not to stiff of a ride but stiffer than factory setup, has anyone used this set up?? And if so how is the ride?? And also has there been any problems with them?

Seeing how much springs plus a set of of koni shocks will cost me (plus the extra labor for Koni), Im considering going for the Megan/D2 coilovers. Yay or Nay?

On a side note; can anyone give me an estimate of OEM struts' life with H&R sport springs.

Last edited:
07TLX Nix Dar-Dar may know from first hand experience on the 8th gens, or from the 8th forum? I'm sure it's going to depend on how low the aftermarket springs are, and how hard you are on the car.

Back