Pairing iPhone 5

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
having some issues with my iPhone 5 i just picked up.

once i got everything working, the pile of crap doesn't even show the song name.... any ideas!? really hate this apple shittt!!!!!!

So, is this while listening over bluetooth, or while plugged in through USB?

I know this is "ipod", but I'd imagine it being the same -
When an iPod is connected, the Honda logo will appear on the screen of the compatible iPod showing it is ready for use. The iPod or flash drive can then be controlled using the steering wheel-mounted or radio controls. Information such as song title, artist, album art and other information will appear on the Civic's LCD screen.

I doubt it's an Apple thing.

Just repair the phone to the car. Mine shows even Pandora song information via Bluetooth.
tried like 4 times.. no luck :/
So, is this while listening over bluetooth, or while plugged in through USB?

I know this is "ipod", but I'd imagine it being the same -
yeah i don't get any honda logo...

i think the OS might be different :/

Pairing my iPhone 5 with my nav unit was a simple as pairing any Bluetooth device. It displays all of the correct information. It's definitely not an Apple problem.

Mine did that too......until I realized I had reset the phone the week before and no longer had music on it. Talk about feeling dumb.

You do have music on it right?

Having music on it has nothing to do with the pairing of the device.

I know that. But having music on the device is important if you're trying to get music to play through Bluetooth. In his first post it seems as though the issue was with streaming music. He said it was paired.

Just passing along an experience......

Phew! Thought I might save you some time. Lol.

So does everything else work through Bluetooth?
yeah phone calls work great, and siri works with the voice button on steering wheel, and all the text messages read themselves.. just music down't play and songs wont show if music plays somehow (which it has randomly at time) like 15 minutes into a drive... lol

Ok. Gotcha. Did you try to re-pair the phone? Lol. Just joking..

I have an iPhone 5 and it streams Bluetooth fine so it's not an iPhone 5 problem in general. It might be yours in particular as others have said.

I just upgraded to an iPhone 5 too. My 4 didn't show any meta-data tags on Bluetooth streaming before so I didn't even think it was supposed to in the first place! When it's paired and I use voice commands, Siri doesn't work- is that a 2013 thing only?

Back