Damn not another 13' TW Fb6.........

shad2fast4u

Long Island, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Sup people of 9thcivic, I use to have a 11' auto r18 but decided to trade in for a 13' si. So far so good, this build thread won't be anything crazy (for now haha), just tracking my progress. To start off, here was my r18 at it's prime.

shad14
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

8thss
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Shad10
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Decided to part out and trade her in for a 13' fb6.

They couldn't find any white fb6's near my area so it took them 1 week to locate it, they ended up transferring from a dealer 75 miles away from me.

The day after (decided to put my I love driving slow plate frame from my old car, and removed dealer plate frame from front)

9thgen1
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

9thgen3
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

9thgen2
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

9thgen4
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Added some Nokya Hyper Yellow Drl's from the r18 and debadged rear civic emblem, also gave her a wash

drl1
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

drlon2
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

debadge&ildsplateframe
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

idk
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

crean1
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

So I ordered a 35w 5000k hid kit from amazon based on good reviews, installed today but doesn't look like they are 5000k bulbs......

So I emailed them, and they said the bulbs prob got mismatched and they're sending me a new set of 5000k bulbs

Ordered some Zonetech led wedge bulbs from amazon after finding out the 2013's do not use festoon bulbs in the interior anymore.

some comparison pics with a penny and my old festoon bulb from my 8th (which was equivalent in brightness)

DSCN1098
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

DSCN1116
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

DSCN1118
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

License Plate area output with Zonetech led's

DSCN1107
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

and interior output

interiorled
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

I still have to figure out what to do with the rear dome light since the socket isn't pointed vertical, it's pointed horizontal. But for now I'm not too worried since I don't use the rear light much anyways.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I uninstalled my opt7 hid kit after they sent me replacement bulbs and was still flickering. Bulbs again were very blue for 5000k. I also found out this kit was a dc kit instead of ac....so I uninstalled immediately. Ordered a set of 4300k hid's from my friends company for both fogs and low beams so I hope I'll have better luck when that is installed.

Last edited:
Hids are in

image (3)
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

this is what 4300k looked like top and bottom hmmmm

image (2)
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

ended up finding some spare 6000k bulbs that I had in storage

image (1)
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

aimed down to reduce glare for oncoming drivers

image (4)
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Invidia q300 catback

DATASS
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

exhaust is perfect, not loud, just has a deep sound. The axle back however is rattling against the chassis so trying to figure out a solution to that problem.

Last edited:
Well it's about damn time. Congrats on the purchase. :wavey:

thanks man, kind of sucks that we can't post all the pics and info on the first post of the build thread lol

thanks man, kind of sucks that we can't post all the pics and info on the first post of the build thread lol

Each post has a 20 pic limit. Lol. I'm sure you can put your mod list in the op.

looking good!
glad you got the HIDs straightened out...that was a mess.
have any plans in the near future?

Hey I remember you and your car! Nice to see you and nice upgrade btw!

I read you were having some flicker issues with the HIDs... are you running a relay harness or just plugged straight in?

Back