IIHS - 2013 Honda Civic 2-door and 4-door small overlap tests

I would like to see what the inside looks like on the driver's side behind the firewall...

Last edited:
I wonder how much different the 2012 is on the offset crash. I know they added additional reinforcement to the 2013's specifically for this new test.

Here's their written reviews.

2013 Civic 4-door
TEST DETAILS:

The Honda Civic was re-engineered for the 2013 model year. Moderate overlap frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Honda as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash. After the dummy moved forward into the frontal airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.

2013 Civic 2-door
The Honda Civic was re-engineered for the 2013 model year. Moderate overlap frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Honda as part offrontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash. After the dummy moved forward into the frontal airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible.

It seems like the 4-door is safer and would not cause any leg injuries compared to the 2-door.

It doesn't seem like they tested the 2012 Civics at all.

And to add, tires/wheels are also a big part of this safety crash. Wheels that shatter on impact would cause more damage since they would not be able to absorb any sort of energy. This is another reason why putting Rotas or knockoff wheels would be harmful and dangerous.

And to add, tires/wheels are also a big part of this safety crash. Wheels that shatter on impact would cause more damage since they would not be able to absorb any sort of energy. This is another reason why putting Rotas or knockoff wheels would be harmful and dangerous.
That is a very good point!

it's moot point, consumer that cares about these safety measures usually prefer oem or quality name brands

people that buys rotas or any low end wheels usually do not care about vehicle safety anyway.

i been preaching buy quality wheels & tires & brakes for over 20 years... it's pointless.

it only happens when a driver survive a deadly/severe crash thus realized how important to spend that extra money to save your life.

i still can not understand why anyone with supercharger/turbo on their si with absolutely no brake upgrade. honda brakes performs poorly under extreme heat

it's moot point, consumer that cares about these safety measures usually prefer oem or quality name brands

people that buys rotas or any low end wheels usually do not care about vehicle safety anyway.

i been preaching buy quality wheels & tires & brakes for over 20 years... it's pointless.

it only happens when a driver survive a deadly/severe crash thus realized how important to spend that extra money to save your life.

i still can not understand why anyone with supercharger/turbo on their si with absolutely no brake upgrade. honda brakes performs poorly under extreme heat

I can see that argument if you track the car. Putting a turbo or supercharger on it to make 300ish hp to make it quicker doesn't mean you're beating your brakes or racing it all the time.

Back