DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B13Pn9B2LgpJVUdfa1ZlaFB0SFk/edit?usp=sharing

This thread is funny....

Going to install some LED running lights where the fog lamps usually go. Not Fog lamps, just some extra DRLs:) I want them on with ignition only, no switch. I will mess around in the engine bay fuse box with the fuse adapter taps ( like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pieces-A...e-12volt-/141159176207?_trksid=p2054897.l4276 ) These have to have both fuses in them when you install, even if the existing circuit didn't have one, correct?

I will report back :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140106_150001973.jpg
    IMG_20140106_150001973.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
those are fine, and if you read what i've written, fuse 23 works fine on iginition.

If you want to auto-off on DRL's thats gonna be a bit more work, but can be done with a NC contactor and open on power to HL's

I'm gonna ask you electricians even though its probably simple. @Pauly99to17 i finally puled the trigger on my foglights.. I want to install them on my own, but Im worried the wiring will be hard. Like it looks like theres a lot of wire to deal with. Since you did this already, are there any good pointers for the wiring? Is there any where I should hide the extra, or will there even be any? Any wiring tips are appreciated, sorry if this is an easy question!

Oh and I know theres already alot of info on the foglights in this thread.. I read it all and it kinda bounced off my brain, a little confusing haha. But from what I understand, Use fuse #12 in the cabin, but 20A in the engine bay? sorry if its already stated, i couldnt understand it :think:

I'm gonna ask you electricians even though its probably simple. @Pauly99to17 i finally puled the trigger on my foglights.. I want to install them on my own, but Im worried the wiring will be hard. Like it looks like theres a lot of wire to deal with. Since you did this already, are there any good pointers for the wiring? Is there any where I should hide the extra, or will there even be any? Any wiring tips are appreciated, sorry if this is an easy question!
Have you seen the fog lights for LX DIY?

Last edited:
@Pauly99to17 @AlienPrime thanks for the info/diagrams. Yeah my question got answered, i guess i had to read the other posts more carefully. I was just wondering what to do with the wires but im getting it now i think

Running Stock and HID with relays on separate source controller fogs
XlUvezh.png

@VNPP dont forget you still have to ground relay's, switches, etc etc etc lol

just a schematic for wiring diagram so you know what goes where.

Thanks again guys!!! :D it said itll be 4-6 weeks for delivery on the lights, so ill try and figure out what to do before i start at it

Feel better AP!

Just curious.. was thinking about it today! :) Where in the firewall have you guys fed wires through? Like on what locations? And are they still perfectly water tight? Looking at doing a cool new install this summer with some 9AVT solonoids and some other stuff. gonna leave it all secret until it's done, will need like 1/2" clearance for #18/5c

Just curious.. was thinking about it today! :) Where in the firewall have you guys fed wires through? Like on what locations? And are they still perfectly water tight? Looking at doing a cool new install this summer with some 9AVT solonoids and some other stuff. gonna leave it all secret until it's done, will need like 1/2" clearance for #18/5c
This is what I used...
Check post #9
http://9thcivic.com/forum/index.php?threads/8131/

Back