2014 civic si

mikek

VA
Vehicle Model
370z
Just curious if anyone knows when Honda will officially reveal their 2014 civic si model? I googled "2014 Honda civic si" and this video came up as the first listing. In 3:09 of the video he speculates that the new civic si with get Honda's earthdream technology with 30 more hp and a redline of 7800 rpm? What do you guys think? Possible for the 2014 si?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icf3iS1Y9AU

Last edited:
Are the earthdreams motors gdi? Ive been expecting honda to put these in the civic. It seems like most other auto manufacturer's are moving towards these. From what Ive seen, they are much more effecient.
1.6 liters outputing over 200hp and torque to boot. Granted they are turbo.....I'tll be interesting to see what honda implements in the future.

I can't see them changing much after doing what they did with the '13s. It must have cost Honda a lot to make a big change so soon after the new generation came out in '12.

I can't see them changing much after doing what they did with the '13s. It must have cost Honda a lot to make a big change so soon after the new generation came out in '12.

The cost of scrambling engineers an tool changes had to be enormous. Although, not much aesthetic innovation really went into the rear end design:

2012-Toyota-Camry-Hybrid-XLE-rear-end.jpg

18-2012-ford-focus-fd.jpg

DSC_0081_4.JPG

2012-hyundai-elantra-rear-taillights.jpg

2012%20Chevrolet%20Cruze%20Eco%20Rear.jpg

Passat-r.jpg

Since Honda promises “performance enhancements”, we expect output of the i-VTEC 4-cylinder 2.4-liter engine to be slightly bumped from the current 201 bhp (150 kW) at 7,000 rpm and 170 lb-ft (230 Nm) at 4,400 rpm.

That is quite the leap in assumption. It could simply be suspension improvements or fuel efficiency.

If it is increased power, I wonder how they will achieve it? A new calibration maybe?

True K24 with double lumpy cams and multiple tubes coming out of the head.... one can wish.

Back