Refreshed 2014 Honda Civic Si Coupe Coming to 2013 SEMA Show

TOV seems to be confirming that these photos are indeed for the US 2014 Civics. The Si will also get 18" wheels standard.
If that is the case, it begs the question what car and driver posted
I have a feeling the pics I posted above are not the US version. I cannot find those pics in any US based media photo packs from honda. Compare it to the EX-L pic below from car and driver. Note the difference in nav/radio & lack of push button start etc.

2014_honda_civic_ex_l_interior_photo_538130_s_1280x782.jpg

i love my 12 but i do like some of the new stuff

Some interesting notes, and some things that I can see as major complaints by new owners. I foresee a lot of users complaining about the "touch" not being as smooth as a smartphone, or lack of physical volume button. Having to repeatedly tap the + or - for volume on the screen would be annoying compared to quickly rotating a physical knob up/down rapidly (say needing to make a phone call, or whatever).

The system's one drawback is in its sensitivity. A majority of the time, my inputs were recognized, but I found that if I didn't push a virtual button quite long enough (and we're talking fractions of a second here), it would light up, but wouldn't register the input. It's not quite as responsive as your smartphone in that regard. This was most prevalent and frustrating when trying to type in an address, as the system was further slowed as it tried to narrow the search while I was typing, which introduced a lag between when I hit the button, when it recognized the next input and when the screen changed.
:bleh:

Some interesting notes, and some things that I can see as major complaints by new owners. I foresee a lot of users complaining about the "touch" not being as smooth as a smartphone, or lack of physical volume button. Having to repeatedly tap the + or - for volume on the screen would be annoying compared to quickly rotating a physical knob up/down rapidly (say needing to make a phone call, or whatever).

:bleh:

Interesting thought. But with the steering wheel controls. I barely touch the volume knob.

I agree. I don't think I've ever touch the controls on my stereo. I always use the steering wheel controls. For the ones who do use the buttons on the stereo itself, it could be a pain initially though.

Good find Pauly.

Wish I had paddle shifters to play around with.
Can someone tell me why people want a push button start? I mean, if you have to actually insert the key then what use is a button. Seems like it would just take longer to start the car than inserting the key and turning it in one motion. I don't get it. Now, if it was keyless start by button that would be nice.

@andre12dbsi the side view camera activates when signal light goes on. Not much use for most Quebecers. :rotfl:

Last edited:
I wonder how people here with 2012/2013's are fuming.

im not at all. I'm a coupe driver myself, so seeing how much they changed it. I prefer my 13. I dont like the front end of the 14. I do like the spoiler tho but that can be added, interior is nice but i have nav in mine so i can live with what I have.

Can someone tell me why people want a push button start? I mean, if you have to actually insert the key then what use is a button. Seems like it would just take longer to start the car than inserting the key and turning it in one motion. I don't get it. Now, if it was keyless start by button that would be nice.

@andre12dbsi the side view camera activates when signal light goes on. Not much use for most Quebecers. :rotfl:
it is keyless and comes with smart entry like the accords

Yeah, they won't even install that for Civics sold in Quebec. Probably replace it with a cigarette lighter.

U don't need to insert a key. You get a fob. Everything is keyless. Just press start or stop to turn the car off. It's not like a aftermarket push start. Also the door Handel will have a sensor so u don't need to press a button. Just have the fob in your pocket.

First car i thought of was when i saw that picture was a S15 Nissan Silvia.
That rear bumper is similar to the new Accord Coupe bumpers also. Idk how i feel about it. I wonder if the 14' Sedans are changing.

well, the si's will def have a deck lid spoiler instead of the spoiler on the 13's as well as the new techs such as blind spot cam, smart key, push button start and the 7inch audio touch screen. It will probably have those si seats with red inserts as well, maybe 18 inch wheels also?

Everything the coupe gets including the new suspension and 18" rims will carry over to the si sedan. Same as seats and the tech. Only other change to the exterior thus far is the deck lid spoiler.

Back