K24Z7 Cams and Headwork

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have begun work to be the first company to bring out cams for the K24z7 motor. We are in the middle of porting the cylinder head to see the gains and figure out the cam configuration to do with this motor that will make power. The exhaust cam from graphing out is extremely small, so with opening the exhaust side up and doing a larger cam, we think there will be some nice gains.

We will keep everyone updated with what is going on and will eventually have a group buy in to see who is interested in some cams.

I've seen someone work already for some drop in camshafts, so i hope you work on them for a while, he ONLY picked up power for 400 rpms from 7000 to 7500 (7000 to 7100 it only picked up like 1 or 2 hp, but 7100-7500 it picked up 8-10 hp)

Everywhere else it either made less or lost horsepower. Looking forward to results.

They reground the stock cams, so they were limited, but they gained quite a bit of both duration and lift. I think it'll take you guys a few different grinds before you find one that works well. Still looking forward to results :D

I mean 8thgen si's with the k20, cams for those really don't pick up power unless you have a good header and a ported intake manifold

As of right now, the k20 cam gears and cams are whats need to do any cam upgrade to our heads right?!

k20 cams don't make power on these motors.... Just gotta wait until we get these mastered and tested
Awesome thanks, does that apply do even upgraded k20 cams?! only reason i ask is because i know of a set of after market k20 cams and stock cam gears. obviously ill need the hardware as well to go with it ... retainers/springs

Awesome thanks, does that apply do even upgraded k20 cams?! only reason i ask is because i know of a set of after market k20 cams and stock cam gears. obviously ill need the hardware as well to go with it ... retainers/springs
K20 cams will not work in the 9th gen. These will be specific for the 2012+

Hey @axion_industries would it be possible to give us a rough estimate of when these will be available?
Just a guess like in the spring or fall maybe?

I have not heard yet when the first test batch will be done and still no pricing. I would think it will be in January/February.... Going to follow up the end of this week or next week for an update

Reactions: 323
Back