Anyone else with a remote car starter?

Hey everyone....i just so happen to be a certified automotive electrical accessory tech and i work for futureshop which is the same as bestbuy, and all of you have valid points. It is the law to have neutral safety switches installed when doing starters on manual cars, it is actually illegal to do them on convertables and it is illegal to install automatic only units in manual cars. If by chance the car is remote started in gear the car could potentially bump start itself and drive a short distance, keep in mind most starters will attempt to start the car 3 times if it does not see the the cars engine is running, once again this depends on if the starter is installed properly with all safety measures not bypassed. I have personally seen and heard of cars driving off at gas stations and mall parking lots when people have attempted to remote start. Both the customer and installer could be held liable for any damage, injuries or death resulting from using the wrong unit or bypassing safety switches on remote starters. Yeah the process sucks for having to put most units in "ready mode" but realistically one push of the small start button can change your life forever.

I guess I get that, but right now it's seeming very labour intensive. I'm hoping after I've had it a while it becomes more natural (and I actually remember to do it every time), because right now I just go to turn off the car without all the "routine" and then I have to stop myself and make sure I go through all the steps.

MissE,

Yes, for all cars with standard transmission, that is how remote start works. I had a viper remote start on my TJ and I had to perform a sequence as you described..I didnt mind so much, I thought it was pretty cool thing to have and VERY convenient in Ontario winters.
Ps. Try not to forget something in the car after having it in remote mode LOL!..You have to start the car again by remote because once you open the door without starting, it will disengage your remote..Sux I know..

I've pretty much gotten used to it now, lol. Though every once in a while I still forget and then I'm like "crap, it's cold and I'm gonna want to auto start this later!"... but with the freezing weather we've had this year it's worth it to go through the set-up in order to be able to have a warm car to get into :snow:

I got Pyton remote starter and it's not that complicated.
U just need to remember to always put ur car in neutral that's all.

That's in USD right? Can a Smart module be added later on?? So with Python, all you need to do to initiate your remote is to put on the handbrake and leave it in neutral???

Back