2012+ Civic Intake List With Product Info & Links

thanks! im new at this so im not sure but do you know any other ones that would work good also for a 2012 civic ex automatic?
Any time. Typically, any non-si bolt-on parts will fit any 2012 Civic LX/EX regardless if it is manual or auto.

Hey guys I just got the Injen CAI and I love it! I found it from some guy here who traded in his car and got it for like 200 bucks from him but I was wondering does it suck compared to the Greddy and takeda ones or should I keep it for the price I got it?
This is just my opinion based on ambient temps I took from my own car. I have a dedicated temp sensor and used it with K&N Typhoon and now a 3.5 in. Street Series CAI with battery relocate. Air is now pulling from behind the driver headlamp. The difference is night and day. Much cooler air with 3.5 CAI.

Greddy, Takeda and K&N all pull hot air from the engine, Injen maybe pulling slightly cooler air than the others. Once these units heat up under the hood, they tend to heat the air coming in. Greddy and Takeda are the same unit with different badges, Takeda is cheaper.

Look at where each intake pulls air from. If it's not near the driver side headlight, the air is coming in hot . . . even if it's hooked into the oem air ducts like the Greddy, Takeda and K&N.

That said, my car never ran badly pulling hot air in through the K&N and it made a great sound, looked good and made me happy.

There's a new Injen CAI out :p

1925293_10150367628184956_600273572_n.jpg
1146528_10150367628174956_285181229_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/InjenTechnology/posts/10150367629969956

http://prlmotorsports.com/product-category/intakeexhaust/intake-systems/prl-motorsports/
3 on the right are for the rbc intake manifold with variations on battery location. One on the left is for the stock manifold.

Thank you webby.

witch one is the one that i should buy because i want to change the intake manifold ? or will it fit the stock manifold and the one i buy too ?
As webby pointed out, there are options for stock intake manifold/TB, RBC/Stock tb, or RBC/ZDX TB. If you can, try to swap out all three at once...CAI, TB, and RBC.

Thanks. I am not sure I am comfortable with moving the battery. What else is involved with that install?

Replacing the stock clutch line with a stainless steel line. Neither are all that difficult to do.

Replacing the stock clutch line with a stainless steel line. Neither are all that difficult to do.

@squiggy, I appreciate the response. I am going to forgo a full "change up" of my engine bay and go with a drop-in style intake. I really like the way the AEM intake sounds in the posted video. Performance gains are not my priority with this update; I am going for sound. I have also seen positive notes about the AEM. I know VIT dislikes the K&N, because he said it makes you LOSE power. That is a no-go for me. I don't mind if I gain only 1-2 HP, but I can't lose power. This is the one I am leaning towards: http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A2052A0A0.aspx.

Does anyone have any testimonials for this intake? I am open to other suggestions as well. I have flash pro and I am currently tuning my car.

Last edited:
Also, does anyone happen to have a video of how the AEM sounds from withing the vehicle during wide open throttle?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is there a thread or DIY for a short ram intake? Mine doesn't have a spot for the stock hoses to plug onto, and I need a little direction

I found the AEM for 320 shipped and pulled the trigger. Once I get it installed I'll post a couple clips of how it sounds. I also ordered a p2r throttle body spacer.

Back