Best coilovers for daily driving?

T21

Hey guys I'm currently on h&r springs which are great, but now I'm looking into coilovers for the long run. with that being said I want a coilover that will be able to raise close to stock when needed and about as low as the h&r springs if not lower for a daily. which coilover would be best for daily driving and last the longest?

have you had a chance to look through the options?
http://www.9thcivic.com/forum/threa...ons-with-product-info-links.6860/#post-141003

Any of the options listed will do what you're wanting them to do. None of the options have any real complaints. It probably doesn't really help you out a lot, but you aren't going to see a huge difference between the options available in that price bracket. The cheaper ones tend to have fewer options for adjusting the ride.

Yeah I saw that thread, thanks for the link! I was mostly interested in the bc racing, the buddy club n+, redshifts coilovers, and a lot of people seem to like the d2 coilovers. So I'm not really sure what's good and what's not. This would be the first "major" suspension mod on any car I've had. Hopefully some members can steer me in the right path :)

You can use Koni adjustable shock inserts. You'll be at exactly the same ride height you are now.

The adjustability on the konis is for the stiffness of the strut not ride height. You can certainly get a Koni based coilover from Redshift/Bestsuspension. It's a really nice setup but a little costly. It is a very good performing suspension but if you are not looking for serious track capable performance some of the other options may fit your needs better. In the "budget" coilovers sometimes getting the one that is $900-1000 is quite a bit superior to the $600 version. Do a little research and see what options are important to you. If ultimately its cost and height adjustability I think the very inexpenseive Megan Streets ($650-ish?) aren't too bad. I think @323 has them and has been pretty happy.

Well Megan offers two sets, the EZ Streets (~$650) and the Street Series (~850) I have the Street Series and do love them, much more comfortable than just lowering springs, and does a much better job keeping the car flat through turns.
I think either option would do you good, just need to decide if you can live without the extra features or if it's worth the cost or not.

thanks for the response guys, does anyone have experience with bc racing, buddy club n+, the redshift koni coilovers, or d2 coils?

I had the first ever set of Redshift Coils. It was great kit. offered a good ride, and handled well. @RedShiftChris builds these kits from the ground up using OEM Honda Struts. Excellent build quality, I had the Eibach springs on and even got the opinional swift springs which i never had a chance to install. they are pricey but well worth it. Chris is really down to earth, honest and professional. He also offers different setups as well. He can build you a set to your specific needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nix
In all honesty how low do you want to go? And what is your concern for returning to stock height? I'm dropped 1.6"-ish and I run year round at that height. No issues. I was snowplowing the other day when the snow was very deep but I never got stuck.

I would like to go about as low as the H&R springs are right now maybe lower. but as far as raising it back up, It would just be nice to have that option is all.

Where are you located? The only reason I did not go with coilovers initially is that I didn't want the salt and sand to corrode the fine threads and render the adjustability unuseable. I used to live in the NE and I was concerned the winters would just ruin them. I ended up picking a drop I liked with the springs and getting the Koni yellows all around. The Koni struts are adjustable but I have never even messed with the settings on those after the initial install. Just something to think about. With the 1" to 1.5" drop you probably will never have a need to raise the car back up. Might be more hassle than its worth.

Other than that any coilover sounds like it will do the job for you. Megan EZ Streets are the least expensive option right now I believe though.

Anyone got a DIY on how to install coilovers? I'm new to the whole coilovers thing and would like to know how to install I'm sure it's not to difficult? I get how to lower them and the preload and all that kinda but not the actual install...

Anyone got a DIY on how to install coilovers? I'm new to the whole coilovers thing and would like to know how to install I'm sure it's not to difficult? I get how to lower them and the preload and all that kinda but not the actual install...
This is the guide I followed.
Once you get the stock suspension out, it's really easy to put the coils in
http://9thcivic.com/forum/index.php?threads/4225/

Will I be able to get to the height im at right now or a little higher with BC Racing coils? I have about a finger and a half maybe a little less with 18x8.5 +38 wheels and 225 40 18 tires on h&r springs.

I am looking at Ksports, I had them previously and the vendor on this site has them for 850$ shipped. Which is a STEAL for the Kontrol Pro's...Look em up. They also come with camber plates already too.

Reactions: Nix
i recently installed the megan ez streets and i got to say i was impressed by the quality for money spent on them

Back