DIY Full-Race 3" Downpipe and Catback Exhaust System

I checked and havent noticed anything...Ill be looking at it tomorrow and making sure its just the vibration. I checked the bolts and pipe earlier this week and the mounting is fine. It hardly moves when I grab onto it.

what a pain

For everyone that used jackstands, how did u get these bolts off??Lol! Breaker bar?

qesavyby.jpg

Last edited:
Well i sprayed the **** out of it with pb spray but still wouldnt budge so i just pulled the entire exhaust out.

Its got a little bit of rattling issue that i have to fix this tuesday.. took me longer than its supposed to but i love the outcome! Skunk2 exhaust/dp

uploadfromtaptalk1401668498268.jpg

Its just scary to crack those nuts because it moves the whole exhaust. I actually tied a rope around my exhaust and around a tree to take some pressure off the rubber when I was pulling mine...

Well i sprayed the **** out of it with pb spray but still wouldnt budge so i just pulled the entire exhaust out.

Its got a little bit of rattling issue that i have to fix this tuesday.. took me longer than its supposed to but i love the outcome! Skunk2 exhaust/dp

View attachment 37609

What was your rattling issue? I cannot figure out which heatshield I am rattling on

I have to look and see.. someone told me its common with the rear heatshield and the stud in the midpipe

I have to look and see.. someone told me its common with the rear heatshield and the stud in the midpipe

Okay yeah let me know, because I cannot seem to pinpoint it. It is definitely somewhere under the trunk area though and rattles right around 2k rpms

You absolutely have to take off the windshield wipers to install ANY downpipe on a 9th gen Si.
interesting to me.

i took my valve cover off and put it back on, i didn't take the wipers off... i don't see how the dp would magically make the wipers need to come off.

interesting to me.

i took my valve cover off and put it back on, i didn't take the wipers off... i don't see how the dp would magically make the wipers need to come off.

What? If you try the install then you will see. The heatshield above the downpipe bolt point blocks any access to it, and to get to the downpipe, you have to remove the wipers and plastic to get that heatshield off. Other wise it would require some sort of magic to get to.

What? If you try the install then you will see. The heatshield above the downpipe bolt point blocks any access to it, and to get to the downpipe, you have to remove the wipers and plastic to get that heatshield off. Other wise it would require some sort of magic to get to.
what i am getting at, is i took off the entire cowl (plastic and metal ) without taking off the wipers, and that gave me enough space to take the entire valve cover off.
If there is enough space to get the valve cover off, how is it not enough space to work on the DP?

edit: why would honda design this car, in a way that you must take the wipers off to access the dp?
I'm tempted to go make a diy showing how to do it all without taking the wipers off.

what i am getting at, is i took off the entire cowl (plastic and metal ) without taking off the wipers, and that gave me enough space to take the entire valve cover off.
If there is enough space to get the valve cover off, how is it not enough space to work on the DP?
You need the clearance to be abe to to take the O2 sensor out as well as get to all four bolts that point towards the fire wall. If happen to have tiny little baby hands/forearms and can manage this without taking to cowl off, more power to you.

I just dont see how youd be able to reach around to the bolts on the bottom portion. And the 02 sensor would be impossible.

You need the clearance to be abe to to take the O2 sensor out as well as get to all four bolts that point towards the fire wall. If happen to have tiny little baby hands/forearms and can manage this without taking to cowl off, more power to you.
my argument isn't if the cowl has to come off..... my argument is the fact you claim the wipers do. when in fact they do not.

I know the cowl needs to come off. my point is why do the wipers have to? you can remove the cowl without removing the wipers.

are the wipers really in the way of the dp after the cowl is removed?

I know the cowl needs to come off. my point is why do the wipers have to? you can remove the cowl without removing the wipers.

are the wipers really in the way of the dp after the cowl is removed?

The cowl has to come off completely in order to create the room/clearance needed to access everything and be able to turn a wrench. So, YES, the wipers have to be taken off. Even then, it was a tight space to be working in.

The cowl has to come off completely in order to create the room/clearance needed to access everything and be able to turn a wrench. So, YES, the wipers have to be taken off. Even then, it was a tight space to be working in.
You are wrong.

Do you think i took the valve cover off without removing the entire cowl?

You do NOT have to take the wipers off in order to remove a cowl on this car, or the 8th gen. plain and simple. you're mistaken

Back