Using iPhone Navigation App

petpil

Hello,

I purchased a 2012 Honda Civic Ex 10 days ago and I love it! My only question is this...I have paired my iPhone 4 with the bluetooth in the Civic. It works fine for incoming and outgoing calls. However, I use the Navigon app on my iPhone for GPS and when linked to the bluetooth, I do not receive any vocal commands from the GPS software. Is there a way around this?

Thank You

Can I ask what app you're using to do gps? It may help, as I could see what the company says, or what honda says

so here is some info I dug up =

I don't know about TomTom but Navigon lets you start the music then launch and use the application. As for volume I use the A2DP Bluetooth audio in the the car paired up to my iO-Play kit, music goes through the car speakers, any navigation instructions also come via the car speakers over the Bluetooth link - no wires excellent quality.

I can hear voice commands on my bluetooth headset.

try turning the bluetooth on and off again. or go into the GPS settings and enable it.
phil - March 15th, 2010​

• Nope. Still does not work for me. Do you have a stereo bluetooth?
    Paul - March 15th, 2010​

• I have both, and it works fine with both.
      I have Jabra BT8040
      and stereo is Motorola S9-HD
      phil - March 16th, 2010​

• Yes, that explains it. Both devices at A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) sometimes known as stereo audio streaming. Although your Jabra headset is mono, it is one of the few bluetooth devices to support this particular profile which was designed for stereo speakers and headsets. With the introduction of iPhone v3.0, Apple put in support for A2DP to allow streaming of the audio to speakers and headsets and thus it is the iPhone OS that is performing the bluetooth and not the Navigon application. My preference was to use a Motorola CrystalTalk headset which eliminates wind noise when using the phone (great with the top down and road noise). But alas it does not support A2DP.
        icon_sad.gif
        . Thanks for the information.

looking for the info on the radio now

Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® now enables audio files to be played through the vehicle's audio system wirelessly with a feature called Bluetooth® Audio. If an audio compatible device is paired it will be added as an auxiliary source on the i-MID's audio screen. This allows the Bluetooth® device's media to be played wirelessly by the audio system. Cell phone devices that support the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 allow the display of metadata for artist, album and track name on the i-MID. The vehicle's audio controls for "skip forward" and "skip backward" allow for navigation from track to track.

As of the release of iPhone OS 3.0, the iPhone supports A2DP. I don't see how you would not be able to make it work. I saw someone make a comment about having the audio via car speaker vs phone for audio. Do you hear any audio prompts at all through your iphone speaker?

Thank you for the information...because of it, I found what I needed to do. Once the phone has connected to the bluetooth, you need to start the application before plugging it into the USB. I was plugging it into the USB prior to starting the application. Again, thanks for all of your help!

Hello,

Please also keep in mind, once your phone links to your car, the bluetooth profile allows for audio streaming, the iPhone will by default stream all audio over a2dp once you connect with your car, what you can do is set your source to Bluetooth, and you'll hear all the audio your phone makes including playing music etc.. the other alternative, allow the bluetooth to connect, then plug in via USB.

Best!

Thank you for the information...because of it, I found what I needed to do. Once the phone has connected to the bluetooth, you need to start the application before plugging it into the USB. I was plugging it into the USB prior to starting the application. Again, thanks for all of your help!​
I agree with you, thanks!​

Hello,

Please also keep in mind, once your phone links to your car, the bluetooth profile allows for audio streaming, the iPhone will by default stream all audio over a2dp once you connect with your car, what you can do is set your source to Bluetooth, and you'll hear all the audio your phone makes including playing music etc.. the other alternative, allow the bluetooth to connect, then plug in via USB.

Best!
I assume the USB is only
for the power, right?

You can play audio over USB...or use it to charge your phone.

Back