Installed Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights for '13 Coupe!

Hillstones

Valencia, CA
Vehicle Model
Maxima Platinum
Body Style
Sedan
I changed the title and the first post because I recently purchased and installed the Eagle Eye LED tail lights for the '13 coupe. Found them on eBay for $189. The seller was imotorsportoutlet. Other sellers were as high as $269 for the same lights. Here is the link, although it will likely expire and renew with more available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400666473757

I will add another post with install photos. These lights are great quality, as I had a pair of Eagle Eye tail lights for my old '03 Accord coupe. However, these are a much better fit than the Accord lights. I am very happy with them, and the LED tail lights now match my OEM LED high step light in the rear spoiler.

Attachments

• 03-HC12TLED2D.jpg
    03-HC12TLED2D.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Would you be able to post some pictures of the tail light installed, along with the LED illuminated? I would appreciate it. I assume the reverse and turn signals remain regular bulbs and the brake light/running light is the LED? (The Accord version combined the turn signal and brake light into a single LED).

Would you be able to post some pictures of the tail light installed, along with the LED illuminated? I would appreciate it. I assume the reverse and turn signals remain regular bulbs and the brake light/running light is the LED? (The Accord version combined the turn signal and brake light into a single LED).
Two threads about this. Check 'em out.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/finally-led-tails-for-12-coupe.10117/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/got-my-led-euro-bmw-style-tail-lights-today.10810/

Thanks K24seven! Through your posts, I found the other links you listed above. I tried searching the forum for Eagle Eye, since that is the manufacturer of the LED tails and came up with nothing. I did not think to search LED tails. Do you remember the seller on eBay? I think I saw in one of your posts that you got them for $189, and lately I am seeing them for $269. I bought my Accord LED tails from revotec, and he was a good seller. I have also heard good things about Sabersport as well. I really like the fit of the lights for the Civic, they look much better than the Eagle Eye tail lights I had on my Accord coupe. They definitely improve the look of the Civic. I have the EX-L with the LED high-step tail light integrated into the rear spoiler, so the LED tail lights will better compliment that light.

I installed the Eagle Eye LED tail lights today and I am very impressed with the quality and light output. My challenge during the install was removing and reinstalling my subwoofer, after the audio shop installed it. Thankfully, it was an easy job, just time consuming with the subwoofer. Without a subwoofer mounted to the sidewall, it would have been a much faster job. Remove the clips with a clip removal tool, remove the center plastic by the trunk latch, and pull back the trunk liner on each side to reveal the tail lights. Remove four bolts for each lamp and the tail light assembly comes right out. (The Accord was a pain because you had to remove the bumper cover to remove the tail lights. Thankfully, the Civic does not require the removal of the bumper cover). The Eagle Eye lights are true plug and play. Unplug the brake, reverse, and turn signal harnesses and plug them in to the Eagle Eye lights. Bolt the new lights in place and replace the trunk liner and you are done.

OEM stock tail lights with the single bulb for each brake light. Brake depressed.

DSC_7820.jpg

The OEM tail light with the single bulb. Brake depressed.

DSC_7822.jpg

Pull back the trunk liner and the tail light assembly is revealed. Remove the four bolts and the tail light comes out easily.

DSC_7825.jpg

Eagle Eye LED tail lights installed. Brake depressed. They have a much brighter output than the stock bulbs.

DSC_7834.jpg

Close up of the Eagle Eye LED tail light installed with the brake depressed. They have an excellent fit.

DSC_7835.jpg

Eagle Eye LED tail lights installed. I cannot remember if I had the head lights on to show the running light illumination.

DSC_7845.jpg

Photo of the "running" light illumination. It is a BMW-style LED illumination for the running lights. They look really good in person. I can't wait to see them at night.

DSC_7960.jpg

Brake pedal depressed. I think the running lights turned off because I did not have the engine running in the closed garage.

DSC_7963.jpg

Photo of the Eagle Eye LED tail light. It has an excellent fit, very close to the OEM light.

DSC_7971.jpg

One difference with the Eagle Eye lights and the OEM lights are shown here. The OEM light is completely red on the side meeting up with the trunk lid. The Eagle Eye is red translucent plastic. It is not noticeable unless you really look. But they are very close to OEM, and I like that. I love the LED tail lights, but I don't want them looking ricey, and the Eagle Eye lights look identical to OEM.

DSC_7972.jpg

These lights are well worth the purchase. They have an excellent fit and they provide brighter and faster light output than the standard bulb lights. Of course if you own a sedan, you always have the option of buying the OEM LED tail lights for the Hybrid model, but I don't know if a non-hybrid Civic is wired for the OEM LED tail lights in the Hybrid model. They are also expensive, $180-$250 for one light assembly.

Very nice to see that you are happy with the results. I've had mine for about 4 months and they're running just fine. I've gotten many compliments!

this look is really growing on me... are you swapping out the entire headlight housing? or just somehow inserting that led strip?

They are well made lights. I had the ones in my Accord from 2009 to 2013 and never had any problems with them. I took some night shots, and they are of course much better at night. The brake lights are really bright, which I like. They look awesome on the Civic, so much better than the OEM lights. Highly recommended, especially for Civic owners that have the OEM high-step LED light in the rear spoiler.

DSC_7974.jpg DSC_7977.jpg DSC_7978.jpg DSC_7986.jpg DSC_7990.jpg DSC_7991.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7982.jpg
    DSC_7982.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Yeah I meant taillight housing. My bad. LOL. Do they provide you with a brand new set of tails or is it just that led strip.

Yeah I meant taillight housing. My bad. LOL. Do they provide you with a brand new set of tails or is it just that led strip.
It is a brand new set of tail lights. They even included the reverse and turn signal bulbs so you don't have to transfer your existing bulbs. Here is a picture of the OEM tail light and the Eagle Eye LED tail light. The OEM is on the left and the Eagle Eye is on the right. The eBay listings include both the left and right hand tail light assemblies.

DSC_7827.jpg

It is a brand new set of tail lights. They even included the reverse and turn signal bulbs so you don't have to transfer your existing bulbs. Here is a picture of the OEM tail light and the Eagle Eye LED tail light. The OEM is on the left and the Eagle Eye is on the right. The eBay listings include both the left and right hand tail light assemblies.

View attachment 37861

thanks. damn. i am so tempted now... lol. it looks good. just worried about how long ebay LED's will last haha.

I had the Eagle Eye LED tail lights installed in my Accord from 2009 to 2013 and they were still working when I traded in the car last July. Eagle Eye is the manufacturer and they are a wholesaler so they are sold by different sellers through eBay. The distributor is in Southern California and they are shipped from Southern California. The seller was in Hacienda Heights. I believe the lights are made in Taiwan. They are very well made, very close to OEM quality. I highly recommend them compared to any other lights you find on eBay. I just realized you are in Orange County. I do a lot of work in Orange County.

Back