DIY Full-Race 3" Downpipe and Catback Exhaust System

You are wrong.

Do you think i took the valve cover off without removing the entire cowl?

You do NOT have to take the wipers off in order to remove a cowl on this car, or the 8th gen. plain and simple. you're mistaken

I disagree. unless you do a DIY and show me.

the cowl breaks away at these to points, leaving the piece around the wipers. the wipers don't need to come off.
ga5adyjy.jpg
yryzypub.jpg

What's the problem. It takes like 2 seconds to take the wipers off anyways. If you want to leave them on then go ahead. Everyone that has done this by themselves ghas taken them off

What's the problem. It takes like 2 seconds to take the wipers off anyways. If you want to leave them on then go ahead. Everyone that has done this by themselves ghas taken them off

you could take all the wheels off before the install too.

obviously you can take them off, and it isn't THAT big of a step, but if you don't need to do it why do it? why bother taping off where and going through the hassle.

The DIY says that you have to take them off, and that just isn't true, so i was pointing it out.

I'm guessing full race updated their axle back and mid pipe connection with clamps? My exhaust at that connecting section does not look like the one in your DIY. I wonder which method is better.

correct, all Full-Race exhausts now use "v-bands" for quick installation and quick disconnect of the exhaust, as needed. This is a higher end solution which we did not increase the exhaust price to accomodate. I think that most would agree this type of connection is superior to the 3-bolt flange and gasket that was used in the past.

correct, all Full-Race exhausts now use "v-bands" for quick installation and quick disconnect of the exhaust, as needed. This is a higher end solution which we did not increase the exhaust price to accomodate. I think that most would agree this type of connection is superior to the 3-bolt flange and gasket that was used in the past.

At what point did full-race switch? I put the downpipe on maybe 6 weeks ago and it was a 3-bolt flange connection

At what point did full-race switch? I put the downpipe on maybe 6 weeks ago and it was a 3-bolt flange connection
Its not switched at the DP. That is still a 3-bolt flange. Has to be in order for dp to connect to catback. If you look at the pictures, the old FULL-RACE Catback had another 3-bolt at the axel. This was changed to the V-Flage...

Its not switched at the DP. That is still a 3-bolt flange. Has to be in order for dp to connect to catback. If you look at the pictures, the old FULL-RACE Catback had another 3-bolt at the axel. This was changed to the V-Flage...

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Still is a pretty cool option, wish I wouldve done my whole exhaust full race actually. Because this Invidia just has terrible clearance issues

all downpipes will remain 3bolt flange. only the catback's rear section is vbanded, particularly useful for anyone that wants to drop their exhaust at a track event or otherwise..

Yea. I just installed my FULL-Race Catback over the weekend. Very convenient setup. Have to get back in there to make sure everything is tight...

Back