Big brake kit options?

JAYBLS

I see there is Brembo and Wilwood. Anything else? Brembo is way expensive and I've heard/read some bad things about Wilwood. Just curious if there is anything else out there. I'm looking for something that looks super cool and can function if necessary.

TL-S or RL brakes. They require custom fab work.

Spoon also has a brake kit, I believe.

Lol no, the red civic si pictured above. He lives down the road from me. Would like to know if he has a build thread somewhere.

I really wish BBKs weren't so freaking expensive.

bbk is actually not expensive at all...

for a price of full exhaust system (dp + cat back), you can a own a set of 4 pot caliper brake kit that can save life's...

it's just making noise & power is more of a priority for most people.

bbk is actually not expensive at all...

for a price of full exhaust system (dp + cat back), you can a own a set of 4 pot caliper brake kit that can save life's...

it's just making noise & power is more of a priority for most people.

Please point me to a four wheel sub $1000 quality BBK.

Short of forced induction and/or tracking the car, the stock brakes are more than adequate. Even with full boltons.

FF only needs better clamming force in the front, rears are not require at all.. just better pads will be more than enough for FF application, it's also why brands like mugen, spoon sports, project mu, endless, buddy club, rotora, brembo, stoptech only offer upgrade for the front.

cars can always use better brake system. if i can shorten my 60-0 from 130ft to 110ft... why wouldn't i do it ? with current traffics & cellphones & text messages, better tires & better brakes are more important than ever.

if you can just avoid 1 fender bender, the bbk will pay for itself.. !

NOTE: when your on the track/auto-x, you use your brake to slow down the speed of the vehicle, it's very rare you need to slam the brake to stop the vehicle, it's very different than frequent stops for DD.

Last edited:
Back