2012+ Civic Intake List With Product Info & Links

View: http://youtu.be/zKpgAJCooXI

I just installed my AEM CAI this afternoon and it went pretty smoothly. I have a couple things I would like to note for other people who may buy this intake.

1. You do not have to trim any of the wheel well plastic like the instructions say. In fact, I feel it gives a lot more protection from water by not trimming the area. It will close right up just like it was stock so don't worry. The filter does sit just behind the fog lights and if you are in a wet area, I would strongly suggest purchasing the AEM 1-4000 Dry Flow Air Filter Wrap.
TheFilterArea.jpg~original

2. There is a spot where the intake tube could potentially cause a clanking noise during WOT. I fixed this by placing a small piece of foam 3M double sided tape on the tubing next to it.
3MFix1.jpg~original

3MFix2.jpg~original

3. The shifter bushings are easily accessed now. So in the future, if you upgrade them with some Hybrid Racing shifter bushings, you wont be forced to remove some of your intake to reach them.
ShifterBushings.jpg~original

4. This intake does not force you to relocate the battery or clutch lines. That was a huge deciding factor for me.
FinishedProduct.jpg~original

Last edited:
This is just my opinion based on ambient temps I took from my own car. I have a dedicated temp sensor and used it with K&N Typhoon and now a 3.5 in. Street Series CAI with battery relocate. Air is now pulling from behind the driver headlamp. The difference is night and day. Much cooler air with 3.5 CAI.

Greddy, Takeda and K&N all pull hot air from the engine, Injen maybe pulling slightly cooler air than the others. Once these units heat up under the hood, they tend to heat the air coming in. Greddy and Takeda are the same unit with different badges, Takeda is cheaper.

Look at where each intake pulls air from. If it's not near the driver side headlight, the air is coming in hot . . . even if it's hooked into the oem air ducts like the Greddy, Takeda and K&N.

That said, my car never ran badly pulling hot air in through the K&N and it made a great sound, looked good and made me happy.
Well mine is the old style Injen CAI and thats what concerns me is why would they remake it? Cause the old one sucked? My filter is located like a foot under the battery so im sure is pretty cool air?

Injen was thought by many to be the worst of the bunch. Maybe that's why they remade it. A foot under the battery by the engine is pulling hot air. That said, if you like it, so what if it's not the latest, baddest, etc. My K&N got trash-talked a lot, but i still liked it.

Injen was thought by many to be the worst of the bunch. Maybe that's why they remade it. A foot under the battery by the engine is pulling hot air. That said, if you like it, so what if it's not the latest, baddest, etc. My K&N got trash-talked a lot, but i still liked it.
Yea your right..i like mine mostly cause of the wrinkle red lol

Anyone tuned just a PRL intake with a flashpro and have dyno sheets to prove the gains. I don't want to dump a bunch of cash just for a couple of HP.

I'm definitely digging the Hps. I'm stock tune with delay valve delete, resonator delete and Drop in k&n and HPS Red silicone tube. Definitely got a little more pep and the low end got a little beefier noise added to the res delete.

So I'm thinking of switching my Injen Intake out with my stock intake just cause the city I live in has terrible drainage and the other day coming home from work I crawled under the car(yes I'm still rolling 4x4 status:(( and im very skinny lol) and the filter was pretty wet. So I'm not taking the risk and another thing is iv heard that these intakes don't provide any HP anyways and some(including the old Injen) actually cause loss of HP. But I know they sound good and I still want that nice purr it brings and I'm looking at the PRL SRI they have now for the stock manifold. Anyone know if it sounds good and wont take away HP? I know @VitViper said the only intake that has any gains are the PRL intakes.

So I'm thinking of switching my Injen Intake out with my stock intake just cause the city I live in has terrible drainage and the other day coming home from work I crawled under the car(yes I'm still rolling 4x4 status:(( and im very skinny lol) and the filter was pretty wet. So I'm not taking the risk and another thing is iv heard that these intakes don't provide any HP anyways and some(including the old Injen) actually cause loss of HP. But I know they sound good and I still want that nice purr it brings and I'm looking at the PRL SRI they have now for the stock manifold. Anyone know if it sounds good and wont take away HP? I know @VitViper said the only intake that has any gains are the PRL intakes.
This is the only thing I can think of...
http://www.powerrevracing.com/P2R-intake-resonator-delete-for-12-Honda-Civic-Si-p/p363.htm
p2r say it makes your intake sound more "beefy" but keep most of the stock intake pieces....
Idk if prl Sri is better than stock intake

Last edited:
webby

Also AEM Cold Air Intake for 2012+ Si/2013+ ILX
Part# 21-716C
List Price: $325
AEM-21-716C.jpg

Part# 21-716P
List Price: $375
AEM-21-716P.jpg

Same intake just one is Polished finish, the other is charcoal gray.

I have this intake, @ WOT it pulls **consistently** 3-5F over ambient temps.
This goes down into the bumper right behind the fog light housing.

DYNO:
http://www.aemintakes.com/dynocharts/AEM-21-716_dyno.pdf

Installed in my ILX below.

408751_10201137042173800_1206140655_n.jpg
how does that intake work for you, do you notice the difference. what yea and body type si do you have

Hey guys I know this questions been asked a million times but, I'm currently getting tuned by vit. I have full boltons (FR catless DP, Q300, and the DC sport SRI), but I'm trying to get rid of my DC sport for a better intake. I'm stuck between the PRL SRI for stock intake manifold, PRL CAI for stock manifold, and AFE takeda icebox. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on to which intake I should get and reasonings behind which one is good or bad and why they're better than the other.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys I know this questions been asked a million times but, I'm currently getting tuned by vit. I have full boltons (FR catless DP, Q300, and the DC sport SRI), but I'm trying to get rid of my DC sport for a better intake. I'm stuck between the PRL SRI for stock intake manifold, PRL CAI for stock manifold, and AFE takeda icebox. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on to which intake I should get and reasonings behind which one is good or bad and why they're better than the other.

Thanks in advance!

PRL is the only way to go. That Takeda will provide no gains over stock and may even result in power loss. Vit has only shown proven gains with the PRL CAI and SRI. You will get better gains out of the CAI.

PRL is the only way to go. That Takeda will provide no gains over stock and may even result in power loss. Vit has only shown proven gains with the PRL CAI and SRI. You will get better gains out of the CAI.
thanks for the response @squiggy . So while the PRL CAI is better, you said the SRI still makes power? Does it make more power over the stock air box?

Back