PRL Cold Air Intake (OEM Intake Manifold)

tmkpres

Los Angeles
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
1st off, sorry if there is this information floating around anywhere, but I can't find it.

I am looking for dyno numbers for the PRL intake on the stock intake manifold, hopefully a before and after. I am looking at the intake for my next mod, BUT cannot find dyno numbers for the intake. I don't want to spend all that cash just for a couple of HP.

Thanks in advanced guys

well i had a little chat with some MOD here on another post... he was saying proven by VIT...(the tunning god according to people around here lol) that the only intake making more then OEM intake its the PRL CIA..but i think he said it only made 1 or 2 more hp idk but again i didnt see any dny sheet proving it.....im guessing they blocked me from that post because im not a super fan of VIT like they are... try looking up OEM vs PRL or something i dont remember the name of the post right now...

im leaning more for the rick spe'c intake.... idk yet because i can just get one just like it custom made 3" for way less...im going to make some calls around and collect some data to see what would be the best option before i go for one and tune the car...to be honest its hard to make up my mind here because everyone has different opinions about everything so if anything it makes your decision harder lol...

Hmmm... as afar as I know, swapping to the RBC intake manifold didn't yield gains the way people thought it would and bolting on various intakes wasn't yielding gains like it did on the 8th gen. Big 3" intakes definitely provided gains but req'd FP to run properly. I don't think there is a physical dyno sheet available that anyone has done.

Most gains have been on the exhaust side not the intake side from what i know. Unless you already have a good down pipe and exhaust setup you might want to put your intake money there first. Yes, an intake is a much easier install but for the money if you are looking for gains, start on the exhaust side of things.

Hmmm... as afar as I know, swapping to the RBC intake manifold didn't yield gains the way people thought it would and bolting on various intakes wasn't yielding gains like it did on the 8th gen. Big 3" intakes definitely provided gains but req'd FP to run properly. I don't think there is a physical dyno sheet available that anyone has done.

Most gains have been on the exhaust side not the intake side from what i know. Unless you already have a good down pipe and exhaust setup you might want to put your intake money there first. Yes, an intake is a much easier install but for the money if you are looking for gains, start on the exhaust side of things.
It would be nice to see dyno numbers for just an upgraded exhaust vs. just an intake upgrade.
I wonder what lets the engine breath better because I've read that the K24 loves to breath.

its really hard with out proper data....i work as an ASM for honda... i had multiple 10+ years of experience honda techs tell me that this exhaust is actually pretty good apart from the restriction of the two cats...other then that the system works pretty well ...the same as the intake been really good... just needed a retune..flashpro...soo im guessin its all about trial and error idk..but from what i have seen, i would go with a nice exhaust sytem and down pipe and leave the OE intake ..and if anything give some aftermarket one a try...

Back