Bulb Sizes - Lamp Replacement Guide

Actually the locking tabs are different between the two... looking down directly at the top of the bulb the H11 has a wider tab at the 12 o'clock point. You may be able to force the fit but in the past I have trimmed this tab to match that of an H8 using tin snips. I tried this on my sedan before ordering new H8 LEDs and the bulbs worked fine just not sure what kind of life span could be gotten out of them.
What kind of LED did you get?

For the fogs I went with some basic LEDs to start with, got them off of tmart.com... They're a cree based setup with 8 LEDs on each of the four sides and then four grouped in a square at the top with a projector lense. I found a more intense kit to use for the DRL/highs on eBay that incorporate a ballast type unit and the cree LED bulbs are fan cooled. These actually switch wattage between DRL and High beam modes and they are bright as all hell. I believe they're around 2100 lumens each in high beam mode and they are as bright or brighter than my HIDs. They have a single large LED on two opposite sides which winds up creating a bit of a stripe with no light across the middle of the reflector in the light housing but the actual projected light is great. I'll work on getting some pics posted, just been super busy with work the last few weeks.

hmm, i have the 2014 coupe...
2014 coupe from the manual
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AR0142DOM/enu/R0142DOM.pdf

High beam headlight: 60 W (HB3 for halogen bulb type)
Low beam headlight: 55 W (H11 for halogen bulb type)
Fog Light: 55 W (H11 for halogen bulb type)
Front Turn Signal/Parking/Side Marker Light: 28/8 W
Brake/Taillight: 21/5 W
Rear Side Marker Light: 5 W
Back-Up Light: 16 W
Rear Turn Signal Light: 21 W (Amber)
Rear License Plate Light: 5 W

Please update the first page on the 2013 Civic Sedan.

Both map lights and the dome light are all 194/168 bulbs. I replaced mine with LEDs.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Thanks

I wanted to clarify which bulb size are the day light running lights, are they considered the low beams? which are H11 right? I want a specific color scheme going with H11 3k for fog lights and day light running lights but then my normal headlights i want to be 8k blue which are the 9005 right?

DRL or daytime running lights are the same as your high beams. High beam bulb = daytime running light bulb running at less wattage.

Ok so i need 4 HID kits? 1x H11 in 3k for fog, 1x 9005 3k DRL, 1x H11 8k low beams, and 1x 9005 8k for high beams? Or am I a dark and the 9005 hi beam and drl are the same exact and only need x1 H11 3k for fog, 1x H11 8k low beam, and 1x 9005 3k for hi beam/drl

Last edited:
The drl is your high beam. It's the same bulb. I wouldn't advise running hid in the high beam. It takes a while for the bulbs to fully come on and it's not good to flip them on and off (ballasts and bulbs). A standard halogen bulb fires up to full brightness almost immediately. That's not the case with hid. You'd also have to pull the drl fuse to disable them from trying to ignite the hid bulb at less power. Just run hid in your low beam and fogs if that's what you want.

Hey everyone.

I updated the original post with a copy of the document I used to create the guide. If anyone wants to update it, please do.

NOTE: The uploaded document says it's a PDF, but actually it's a renamed Microsoft Excel 2013 (.xlsx) file. Just download it and rename it with a .xlsx extension if you want to edit it. And of course, you'll need Microsoft Office 2013. You can try using an older version, but I don't think it'll look quite the same if you do.

At least this way, no one is waiting on me to keep it current.

Hey guys, am sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I was just wondering. I'm interested in getting an LED light output for my headlights and fog lights (since they last longer than HID). It's probably on here, but I guess I missed it, but could someone please explain to me if I need to get a new headlight set AND bulbs, or do I just need the bulbs. If it's the latter, what is a good website that sells these bulbs, and is it just a matter of changing the bulbs or would I need to get new harnesses/wires? Am sorry in advance for sounding redundant, but I just want to be certain. Thanks for any help!

Hey guys, am sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I was just wondering. I'm interested in getting an LED light output for my headlights and fog lights (since they last longer than HID). It's probably on here, but I guess I missed it, but could someone please explain to me if I need to get a new headlight set AND bulbs, or do I just need the bulbs. If it's the latter, what is a good website that sells these bulbs, and is it just a matter of changing the bulbs or would I need to get new harnesses/wires? Am sorry in advance for sounding redundant, but I just want to be certain. Thanks for any help!
xenondepot - comparison between stock/hid/led in this thread

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/xenondepot-led-headlights-the-verdict-is-in.13109/

You should have no issue having a quality branded hid bulb lasting a long time. I have a set of philips d2s bulbs that are 10yrs old still going strong & I do a ton of night driving. You just have to buy them from legit places. There are a ton of philips copies out there for sale.

use coupon code "9thcivic" when you check out. I believe they're still doing 10% off with that code.

Back