Si Suspension on Non Si fits!

I think that's a better choice... Unless you want your car to be higher haha
No, what I mean is the K Sport reducer washers. See link above that Nix posted. It won't bother me to be slightly higher. I'm on Eibach springs so the car will still sit low.

He said when he installed it he didn't notice any thing out of the ordinary. He just used the original camber bolts to mount the struts
Hmmmmm. So, he just installed the 14 mm bolts into the 16 mm opening and everything is okay? Any noises?

I picked up the full Si suspension yesterday. Springs, shocks, struts, top plates, everything brand new and in the box for $200. Really happy with that deal. All I will be using is the shocks. I wonder if anyone would be interested in any other parts of this suspension that I don't use. Any value there?

I picked up the full Si suspension yesterday. Springs, shocks, struts, top plates, everything brand new and in the box for $200. Really happy with that deal. All I will be using is the shocks. I wonder if anyone would be interested in any other parts of this suspension that I don't use. Any value there?
You could probably sell the springs, I sold my stock springs to an r18 owner

sounds like a deal. What model year car were they from...2012?

sounds like a deal. What model year car were they from...2012?
Ya, great deal. They were from a 2013. When he bought the car the dealer installed the HFP suspension onto the it. The Si suspension was boxed up and given to him. The boxes had been sitting in his garage ever since. He just wanted to get rid of them. His initial price was $280.

Last edited:
they are stiffer -
OEM spring rates - 2012 civic si
165 lbs/in front 251 lbs/in rear

2012 non si
131 lbs/in front 185 lbs/in rear

Yeah, Pauly let us know how the install goes. For $2 on those reducers, even if they don't work it won't break the bank. I am curious if that's all thats needed to run the Si gear.

The reducers look like this. Much thanks to Nix for finding these. They are often called reducer bearing/ flanged bearings/ Flanged reducer bearings if you want to Google them. There seem to be many companies that make them.

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I received a reply from K Sport about the washer reducers.

"The 2012-2014 honda civic use the same coilover setup SI or non Si. Its only the 2014 and up SI that use a different mounting pattern. All 2012-2014 civic use the 2012 part number for all models of civic, 2 door or 4 door. Its only the 14 SI that is different, and it’s a totally different lower mount. The part you referenced was for the older civics 01-05 and is not necessary for the 2012 model."
Eric
Account Manager
www.KSPORTUSA.com

So now I'm really confused. :think: I don't need these washers? Direct bolt on?

Here are pictures of UrbanEXL's (member on other forum) install of Si suspension on his EXL

image.jpg

He bought the conversion kit from Team3D (see photo below). (Price is $150.00 shipped to Canada)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe they didn't test it on the 2012's or who knows? Tein, redshift and others who've done the swap can't all be wrong.

Maybe they didn't test it on the 2012's or who knows? Tein, redshift and others who've done the swap can't all be wrong.
Ya. I read the message and I was like...

IPRTu55.gif

Replied to Eric at KSport. Here is my e-mail....

"Hi Eric,
I have to be honest and say that I am confused by your response. It seems to be common knowledge that the 2012-2013 Si bolt and bolt hole in the knuckle are 16 mm while the non Si are 14 mm. I know three non Si's that have done this modification and have confirmed this. I will send you pictures so you can see.

Two of the guys used a conversion washer similar to the one KSport sells. The other guy said his mechanic just bolted the Si struts using the 14 mm bolts in the slightly larger Si bolt hole. Has KSport sold coilovers to 2012-2013 non Si's? Is the bolt for the knuckle in your coilovers 14 mm? If yes, Are people just using the 14 mm bolt in the 16 mm bolt hole?

Appreciate your time looking into this.
Regards
"

Here is his reply...

"Yes we have sold 100’s of coilovers for the 2012 and up Civic. The only civic that does not work on the 2012 and up style is the 2014 and up SI. The standard 2014 and 15 models use the same as the 2012 and newer base model including the 2012 and 13 SI. The 2014 and up SI has its own part number as it is different."
Eric
Account Manager
www.KSPORTUSA.com

The 2014+ Si's has different shock mounting points.

Back