Type R Teaser

I dig it, except for the plastic trims around the wheel arch. I wonder what's the purpose of those plastic pieces under the tail lights. :think:

Still not sure about that upper grill. Love the color....

I dig it, except for the plastic trims around the wheel arch. I wonder what's the purpose of those plastic pieces under the tail lights. :think:
I'd wager for MPG improvements - airflow

So far from what I have read, the new SI will have a 1.5L turbo and the Type R a 2.0L turbo making up to about 270 hp. Tell me why you would want one, especially the SI? You have an engine that is at it limits right from the dealer. If you take a current SI with the 2.4L, you can add a turbo or supercharger, larger fuel injectors and some tuning, you can get way more hp from the 2.4L. With either turbo new engines, you would be hard pressed to get any more hp unless you add a larger turbo/supercharger with more boast. I think Honda is developing the new turbo engines to put into the accords, pilots etc.

So far from what I have read, the new SI will have a 1.5L turbo and the Type R a 2.0L turbo making up to about 270 hp. Tell me why you would want one, especially the SI? You have an engine that is at it limits right from the dealer. If you take a current SI with the 2.4L, you can add a turbo or supercharger, larger fuel injectors and some tuning, you can get way more hp from the 2.4L. With either turbo new engines, you would be hard pressed to get any more hp unless you add a larger turbo/supercharger with more boast. I think Honda is developing the new turbo engines to put into the accords, pilots etc.

If its a type R you buy it to own a piece of legendary history specifically modified to be perfect in every way. Not so you can Mod it. Take for example the Integra Type R, if it came out tomorrow and I went to buy one, I probably would only change out the exhaust and maybe intake. That's it, the rest would be the experience of it. sometimes the goal isnt just to go fast is what I am saying.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/honda-to-introduce-new-turbo-vtec-four-cylinder-engines-by-end-of-2015/

This is a really good read regarding it. We are getting the turbo engine, Honda just wont speculate yet whether or not we will receive a Type R. But to me, the chances for a USDM R may actually be pretty good since they will be making the 2.0 and 1.5 litre engines at the new line in Ohio. Fingers crossed for a real Type R! @Bruce Bartlow worth reading man.

Touring version since 2012

2013-wtcc-hungary-1166.jpg

Civic%20WTCC%201.JPG

2013-wtcc-slovakia-0646.jpg

CTR definitely not coming in to NA market.

So is the civic due for a refresh/new body style in 2016? Or would it be for 2017?

^^

We all have to wait till March 2nd.:popcorn:
Think it'll be a longer wait. I don't see them talking about the US market Hondas at the Geneva motor show. The cars they'll be showing will be euro models.

Back