Type R Teaser

Dam...too much hype. We have already seen it.

GIF-bored-boring-disinterest-doesnt-care-dont-care-meh-monkey-Unimpressed-uninterested-whatever-GIF.gif

Biggest waste of time ever. You got to see a handshake and then that was it. They didn't even comment about stats or features. They mentioned a few stats on the nsx and that was it.

Biggest waste of time ever. You got to see a handshake and then that was it. They didn't even comment about stats or features. They mentioned a few stats on the nsx and that was it.
Ya, can't believe they didn't even talk about it!

Man the new CTR looks like a hot wheels toy.:eek: I can't stand that wing.

Reminds me of previous Type R with Mugen package

Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg

Guess I didn't miss much. Stopped the vid to do some work, then it wouldn't work again.

Now says their will be a On-Demand vid available.

Last edited:
^^

Lots of stuff that you can find in current Si. I like the seats.:love:

Guess I didn't miss much. Stopped the vid to do some work, then it would work again.

Now says their will be a On-Demand vid available.
You missed nothing. I'm editing the video and I'll upload it to youtube. Don't hold your breath.

That exterior would have to grow on me.....ALOT! I am not liking the exterior and border line almost hate the front end sections/quarter panels. I don't understand why they have so many lines. They could of done better/cleaner lines.

Interior is really really nice.

That exterior would have to grow on me.....ALOT! I am not liking the exterior and border line almost hate the front end sections/quarter panels. I don't understand why they have so many lines. They could of done better/cleaner lines.

Interior is really really nice.

Agreed. I really wish the proximity sensors could be implemented in a way that doesn't make it appear as if the bumpers had warts on them. Dual exhaust tips really need to go.

Honda Civic Type R 2015 preview: 306bhp and 0-60 in 5.7-seconds

Two figures in particular stand out from the manufacturer's specification sheet: its 306bhp peak power output and a 167mph top speed – but there needs to be substance behind the bare figures and aggressive styling for Honda's latest hot hatch to be taken seriously.

The engine in particular will be a sticking point for some Honda fans, as the first ever Type R model fed via turbocharger rather than natural aspiration. The unit is all-new and displaces 2.0 litres, producing its lofty output at 6500rpm before reaching a 7000rpm red line – where previous Type Rs developed their maximum well into the sevens and eights.

Engine and Performance
The tradeoff, performance-wise at least, is the torque – its 295lb ft output is over double the previous Civic R’s 142lb ft and produced at 2500rpm, rather than 5600rpm of the old car. Honda claims a 5.7-second 0-62mph sprint – the quickest among front-wheel drive hot hatchbacks – and a 167mph top speed.

Unusually for an otherwise technology-focused car, Honda has opted to stick with a manual transmission for the new Type R – a six-speed unit feeding power to the front wheels alone. No automatic or dual-clutch is confirmed.

Chassis
To help contain the tyre-shredding power, Honda has opted for four-point adaptive dampers for independent control of each wheel and flat cornering, without a punishing day-to-day ride. Dual Axis strut front suspension reduces torque steer by 50 per cent next to the standard Civic suspension, while the Civic’s rear torsion bar has been enhanced with a ‘crushed pipe’ to improve rear roll rigidity by 180 per cent.

Both engine and chassis are controlled further via a ‘+R’ button, which enhances throttle response, reduces power assistance to the steering and increases the Adaptive Damper System’s damping force by 30 per cent for ‘firmer and more agile’ high-speed cornering.

While all this goes on under the skin, the Civic Type R’s most striking attributes are those on the outside. As well as the option of Honda’s ever-present Championship White paint scheme, the Civic’s body has been heavily revised to match its performance.

Honda says the car was subject to ‘exhaustive’ aerodynamic development at its motorsports facility in Sakura, Japan, as well as real-world testing at Suzuka and the Nurburgring.

An aggressive aerodynamic package is the result, with a flat underside, working rear diffuser and distinctive rear wing sitting atop the dual-level rear screen. A wide front splitter and deep side skirts also manage airflow and reduce lift, while the front bumper’s design helps reduce turbulence around the front wheels.

Cramming a heavily turbocharged 2-litre engine into the Civic’s stubby bonnet has also required attention to heat management. The result is a multitude of grilles at the front of the car and outlet vents above and behind the front wheels.

Wheels and Tyres
Honda has equipped the car with 19-inch lightweight alloy wheels and 235/35 R19 tyres – developed especially for the Type R – and NSX-style velocities are brought under control by 350mm drilled discs with four-piston front calipers, developed by Brembo.

The interior features familiar Type R cues, such as a machined aluminium gearknob and high-backed sports seats with a suede-effect covering. Black fabric covers the roof lining and red double stitching accentuates the cabin’s curves. Further niceties are available as part of an optional GT Pack, ensuring modern comforts aren’t sacrificed.

The new Honda Civic Type R goes on sale in the UK in the summer, with pricing and specification details due closer to the car’s launch.

high-backed sports seats with a suede-effect covering

Really Honda??? Can't just go for the real thing? Can't just drop in some Alcantara like the big boys?

100 more bhp, double the torque, and only .3 seconds faster 0-60? Am I missing something?

Back