Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut: 2015 New York Auto Show

honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506634_h.jpg

The new Honda Civic is here, and it’s a concept in name only—this is effectively what you’ll see for the 2016 model year.
Ten generations in, the Civic has had some great years and some bad ones. This year is shaping up to be one of the good ones—thanks in part to the sporty looking new Civic Concept, but also to the Civic Type-R, which will be coming to the U.S. soon, too.

Honda promises the new Civic will be “flat out, the most dynamic, the most technologically advanced and the most refined and stylish Civic we’ve ever made,” according to John Mendel, American Honda’s executive vice president for automobiles.

That’s a tall order, to be sure, but it won’t be hard to top the last Civic, which was largely unsuccessful with the media and enthusiasts alike.

The new Civic Concept almost looks like a Type-R itself, with aggressive aerodynamics, a low, wide stance, and a decidedly sporty coupe profile.

Standard powertrains include a 1.5-liter VTEC Turbo four-cylinder paired to a six-speed manual transmission, though Honda hasn’t yet released power outputs for the engine. A CVT transmission will also be available. Both standard Coupe and Sedan models will be offfered, as will Si and, of course, the Type-R confirmed today.

Stay tuned for more details on the 2016 Honda Civic as the car gets closer to production later this year.

honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506632_h.jpg

honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506642_h.jpg

honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506633_h.jpg

honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506614_h.jpg

read more: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...t-civic-concept-debut-2015-new-york-auto-show

Last edited:
  • Staff

Honda's Big Surprise Is A Truly Worldwide Civic, Type-R For U.S.

gq9vd00mqkij24tdqrbc.jpg

For years, us Americans have toiled under a separate paradigm. We got one Civic, while most parts of the world received another one. Today, that changes. This is the first global Civic, and it’s a bigger deal than you think. Oh, and we’ll be getting the Type-R, too.

And this doesn’t sound like an April Fools’ Joke, either. Otherwise Honda just dropped a lot of money on a very big presentation and the humor of a cruel monster.

wfbcz8ltr0ailrtcy4uj.jpg

Honda is calling it “the return of the sporty Civic.” The base line trims will come with a four cylinder plant that’s similar to what we’re used to, but for the first time (I think, feel free to check me on this) we’ll be getting a 1.5-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine.

Civic. Turbo. VTEC.

jig9mcxrpga2y58qnlps.jpg

(Insert your own Fast and Furious joke here.)

What you’re seeing here is supposed to be the coupe. And though on paper it’s bigger than the outgoing model, in person it feels smaller and sleeker. The sloping roof towards the rear feels tightened and less busy than the old coupe configuration, and is definitely a big improvement in terms of styling.

brl3gbboww6aibqtivou.jpg

And classing it up a bit in the styling department as well comes LED lights in both the front and rear.

mup3qf6vby9lz92wp38t.jpg

The new Civic will come with either a CVT or manual, and come in sedan, coupe, and Si trims. And one more: the five-door hatch. And another: THE FREAKING TYPE-R!

Let’s just repeat that one more time. We. Will. Be. Getting. The. Honda Civic Type-R.

And that’s huge. If we’re being honest among friends here, the last Honda Civic Si was never exactly going to set your pants on fire. With huge competition from the likes of the Ford Focus ST and a few others, it just never shined as brightly as it once did.

vxx4xuietslxbo0bd7bl.jpg

But the Type-R? That might bring Honda back to the top of the super-hatch game in the United States.

We don’t know anything about power yet in either the base Civics (probably adequate), the Si (hopefully punchy), or the Type-R (wishfully tremendous), but if Honda wants to keep its reputation for spry, light little cars, they won’t let us down.

wddge60hyzth6etnytqd.jpg

read more: http://jalopnik.com/hondas-big-surprise-is-a-truly-worldwide-civic-5-door-1695047474

Fit called they wants their tails back. JK:tongue:
2015-honda-fit-hybrid-japanese-model_100439070_l.jpg

Hopefully the Si will make at least 220HP to keep up with the competition.

Not sure how I feel about the styling overall. I know I don't like the color. I'd be interested in the engine outputs as well as what the Si will look like. I'm sure if Honda opened up a pre order list now for type r's they would have a hefty demand.

I'm buzzing back and forth between work, so I'm distracted. It does look a bit like a genesis

Lime green is too much on a Civic.

Back