JDM Emblems - Fake? Real? (UPDATED 5/29/13)

I think with my specific paint color, they add a nice touch to match. But since Honda wont give us a type R we can pretend right???

webby speaks truth. I will not be getting them. Though.. not because of that, but because the stock ones will help sell the car quicker when the time comes. I know it sounds dumb, but I actually sold my 8th gen Si for almost another grand when I finally put some stock H symbols on her again. Before that, I kept getting people trying to low ball me telling me they could tell I "riced" my car out because of the red H emblems.

EDIT: ...okay so I MIGHT pick some up in the future... lol :D They just look so damn nice on a white Civic maybe on some bronze wheels!

I think it also really depends on how many mods you have besides just the emblems, and if those mods look "tasteful" in most peoples' minds. When I sold my 2007 Si it had red emblems, the HFP style body kit, and some bronze rims as far as exterior mods. Most buyers actually liked it, and I only came down about $200 from my asking price (just wanted to get the deal done at that point). Obviously if I had a hella flush stanced out Civic I think I would have lost some money or just returned it to stock.

You are right, however the only mods I had were the hfp front lip and the kn intake.. No wheels or anything. Maybe I just had a bunch of idiots where I was selling it. I just know I got way more replies with it looking completely stock instead of having the red Hs.

My wifes LX has the red emblems so the wheels and paint would be better matched with the red accents. Just depends what you're going for.

Do not get Kplayground type R emblems. Had it for two years and the top part is starting to chip off. It cost $40 so I got what I paid for.

That is our same experience with the knock-off ones as well. It's unfortunate many sellers (especially on eBay and Amazon) illegally label these a genuine Honda parts. :(

The Procivic and Corsport ones are legit. I got a set of fakes and a set of real ones. In person you can definitely tell the difference. I ended up putting one of the GRFXP overlays on one of the fakes. I think if you're just gonna do that it might be passable. So far that one has held up but I don't know what it looks like under the vinyl.

Fitment was noticeably worse with the knockoff. Had to superglue it on to get it to fit flush like it should. Heat gun and glue..... Unfortunately pricing was the same and I thought that was a good indicator of them being real. NOPE!

The Procivic and Corsport ones are legit. I got a set of fakes and a set of real ones. In person you can definitely tell the difference. I ended up putting one of the GRFXP overlays on one of the fakes. I think if you're just gonna do that it might be passable. So far that one has held up but I don't know what it looks like under the vinyl.

Fitment was noticeably worse with the knockoff. Had to superglue it on to get it to fit flush like it should. Heat gun and glue..... Unfortunately pricing was the same and I thought that was a good indicator of them being real. NOPE!
You have some ragrets?

Reactions: Nix
Back