What are chances of hondata flashpro...

pukemon

Working with Civic Type-R? Seriously thinking about getting it for my '14 Si, but it would be bonus if it worked with the type-r as I am contemplating trading up when it comes out if the price is right.

The price will definitely be wrong, and I bet you'd make more power with a turbo setup on your current car for less money. Also, I haven't heard any news but chances are the type R will be jdm and Europe only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Get the flashpro for your 2014, best decision I've made for my car.

hondata would have to crack the ecu and release a working solution. They have to do it for every new generation of cars, or every time there is an ecu change.

The price will definitely be wrong, and I bet you'd make more power with a turbo setup on your current car for less money. Also, I haven't heard any news but chances are the type R will be jdm and Europe only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Get the flashpro for your 2014, best decision I've made for my car.
40k and under and I am sold, depending on what happens when it comes stateside. It could make more power with a turbo but then the car would need other substantial upgrades.

Last edited:
hondata would have to crack the ecu and release a working solution. They have to do it for every new generation of cars, or every time there is an ecu change.
But chances are that it would be compatible if cracked? Like I wouldn't have to buy a other flashpro if I got one now. My si drives so well handling wise, but feel like the throttle needs a little more oomph when I'm having fun. I'm think it will be a year and half to two years before we see the type r. Just wanna get my money's worth if I purchase next month.

But chances are that it would be compatible if cracked? Like I wouldn't have to buy a other flashpro if I got one now. My si drives so well handling wise, but feel like the throttle needs a little more oomph when I'm having fun. I'm think it will be a year and half to two years before we see the type r. Just wanna get my money's worth if I purchase next month.
They are unique to each car. Flashpro is vehicle specific. They can't be transferred to other vehicles. You'd have to buy a new flashpro unit for the 10th gen. Used flashpro units tend to sell for like $550-575 though.

They are unique to each car. Flashpro is vehicle specific. They can't be transferred to other vehicles. You'd have to buy a new flashpro unit for the 10th gen. Used flashpro units tend to sell for like $550-575 though.
Are we on wrong page? I am asking if the fact that I could use on 10th gen if I trade in my car. So the unique to each car would be wrong as I know I would have to buy another tune from vit. Did you mean uniqe to each generation?

Unique to each generation....unique to each car model. The si has it's own flashpro that works for the 8th gen, the 9th gen, and so on. The 8th gen si one will only work on that car, and the same goes for the 9th gen. The non-si has it's own flashpro for the 8th gen, the 9th gen, and so on. They are unique for each car/generation. You can't take the non-si hondata model from any generation and use it on the si. You can't use the 8th gen and put it on the 9th....etc. If you buy a 10th gen, you'll need a 10th gen hondata unit whenever they are able to crack the ecu. Then you'll have to get a tune. It took over 3yrs once the 8th gen si was released for hondata to have a working unit. Even longer for the non-si flashpro to be released.

I thought so but just had to ask.

Still no hard confirmation when type R hits stateside, bit so far it is '17 as a 2018 model. Just still up in the air because entry price is high even though most say it is definitely worth it. Part of the reason I am on the fence is if type R msrp is too high I won't get one one unless I stick my nose to the grindstone and pay off my si in full by the time it hits. I also have lifetime powertrain warranty I don't want to forfeit though I probably won't t need it

The powertrain warranty is also a selling point if you're upgrading.

The powertrain warranty is also a selling point if you're upgrading.
Lifetime powertrain warranty doesn't transfer. Only good for original owner. BTW, does anybody happen to know if the type R will be a one year model or 2-3 years. Seems previous Honda type r's in general sold two or three year models. I am kind of hoping at least 2 years. Mor time to get my equity down in my si and also hesitant to buy a first gen of a new model, with a turbo at that.

Lifetime powertrain warranty doesn't transfer. Only good for original owner. BTW, does anybody happen to know if the type R will be a one year model or 2-3 years. Seems previous Honda type r's in general sold two or three year models. I am kind of hoping at least 2 years. Mor time to get my equity down in my si and also hesitant to buy a first gen of a new model, with a turbo at that.
Most Honda dealerships give you a lifetime powertrain warranty when you buy a new Honda. The new car would come with its own. No transfers needed.

Back