aznboi606's 2012 DBP coupe Build Thread

Late post but i finally got the time to post up the pics of the drop and installation of the coils.

View attachment 41554

View attachment 41555

Comparison from stock to coilover.
View attachment 41556

View attachment 41557

View attachment 41558

View attachment 41559

Front, one finger gap.
View attachment 41560

Rear, it settle more and more tucked and no finger gap.
View attachment 41561

View attachment 41562

View attachment 41563
Loving the drop! I had a question about your coils, are these pics with the out of box height? (No adjustments )
Also, when you adjusted the rears, how did you do it? Did you have to adjust the shocks as you adjusted the spring height??

Loving the drop! I had a question about your coils, are these pics with the out of box height? (No adjustments )
Also, when you adjusted the rears, how did you do it? Did you have to adjust the shocks as you adjusted the spring height??

For the rear, I didn't adjust the spring height. I had to adjust the shocks tho. I believe its called setting the length of the shock. If you don't set your spring to preload and adjust your shocks to correct lenght, your springs can pop off. I hope that makes sense. Here's a video where he explains it better than I can. Hope that helps.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NejjkQJFSLE

You only adjust the spring for the height.

@derekfriedrice I dont see how u were able to fit 225s. I hear mine rub on dips. This is the rear bumper btw. Bumper hits the tires. I'm maxed out on camber.

20150803_222846.jpg

@derekfriedrice I dont see how u were able to fit 225s. I hear mine rub on dips. This is the rear bumper btw. Bumper hits the tires. I'm maxed out on camber.
View attachment 48723

Congrats on the progress it's looking real nice! I've got 9.5 inch wide wheels wrapped with 245 plus some wheel spacers in the rear and mine use to rub HARD where you're rubbing in the rear, I actually had to remove those screws and snap off the plastic piece behind the bumper in order to roll that lip flat, solved the rubbing problem

Congrats on the progress it's looking real nice! I've got 9.5 inch wide wheels wrapped with 245 plus some wheel spacers in the rear and mine use to rub HARD where you're rubbing in the rear, I actually had to remove those screws and snap off the plastic piece behind the bumper in order to roll that lip flat, solved the rubbing problem

Wow! I bet you were rubbing. I need to play around with camber a little more. Hopefully I can get it to not rub without cutting the bumper. Thanks for your advice. Ill keep that in mind.

Back