bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
What service provider do you have?

Currently we have Xfinity (Comcast) but the price just went up (started the 2nd year of our 2 year contract) and just looking at other options. I want to see what you all have (those that have the option between Xfinity/Verizon Fios).

We have the "Triple Play" (TV, Internet ("Blast"), Phone) through Xfinity with their Premier Package (Most channels, one HD DVR box, one digital adapter (non-hd), and not renting a cable modem).

Thanks

I have Comcast Double Play, Blast Plus and basic TV. Last year my monthly rate was $75.98 with taxes and now is getting close to $100. Where I live we don't have Fios so Comcast is my only option.:(

I have Comcast Double Play, Blast Plus and basic TV. Last year my monthly rate was $75.98 with taxes and now is getting close to $100. Where I live we don't have Fios so Comcast is my only option.:(

Fios is available for me. Just have to weigh each option. I'm looking at Fios packages now.

How much are you paying every month?

How much are you paying every month?

Currently (just got the latest bill) ----- $201.71

TV - 1 HD DVR Box / 1 Digital Adapter (non-HD) - Pretty much every channel (All movies channels, Sports Channels)
Internet - "Blast" Package (105 Mbps download / 20 Mbps upload)
Phone - Normal Long Distance Package?

Pretty sure we haven't had one for 10 years. Haven't had cable for something like six years.

Pretty sure we haven't had one for 10 years. Haven't had cable for something like six years.

Knew someone would talk about this.... Wife has to have a landline... She also needs her cable TV (reality TV shows are a MUST).

I don't do the torrent thing... Nope. Never will.
I pretty much only download stuff from channels that can be gotten from an antenna. Not worth the hassle to set up an HTPC to record when it broadcasts. The rest I just wait for Netflix to get.

Reality TV is just a waste of time and rots the brain.

I pretty much only download stuff from channels that can be gotten from an antenna. Not worth the hassle to set up an HTPC to record when it broadcasts. The rest I just wait for Netflix to get.

Reality TV is just a waste of time and rots the brain.

:rotfl: my wife thinks other wise. She's watching "Big Brother" right now...

Can you explain the need for a landline? Cell service bad in the house, or? I'm guessing you both have cells, and most plans offer unlimited talk/text...so? Just currious

Can you explain the need for a landline? Cell service bad in the house, or? I'm guessing you both have cells, and most plans offer unlimited talk/text...so? Just currious
Well don't be curious. ;)

Don't have unlimited talk (450 minutes per line). Do have unlimited text. Wife talks to parents a good bit and her mom doesn't text (dad doesn't even have a cell phone).

Cell Service is decent (4G LTE - 2 bars). That's not the issue.

Wife is old school and likes talking on a landline (regular phone). I hate talking on the phone and wouldn't have it if it was me.

41PDj64wTIL.jpg

Most companies like AT&T or Verizon have unlimited talk and text. Internet data is where you have to prepare your anus.

You should get old school Nokia for your wife, which looks the same as those phones you posted above.

Most companies like AT&T or Verizon have unlimited talk and text. Internet data is where you have to prepare your anus.

We have Verizon and I know they offer unlimited talk/text plans but like you said the Internet Data is ridiculous. Currently I have "Unlimited data" and she has the 2GB plan.

You should get old school Nokia for your wife, which looks the same as those phones you posted above.

She would be more happy with an old school Nokia than her current smartphone. She's not a tech person. Rather call people than text/email. SMH

Back