2016 Honda Civic Sedan Unveiled In Los Angeles

Don't know how I feel about the chrome grille and wheels, but then again the LX and EX models never had the best looking grilles and wheels.

Everything else is pretty awesome :clapping:

This car is going to look super aggressive lowered with sportier wheels.
plasti dippin again for the 10Th gen chrome trim. it never gets old

aaw.jpg

larger view of the engine
Don't drop your tools in there, you'll never see them again. Just from the picture this looks like a variant of the R series engine, probably with a different head on it.

The interior looks nice, but that front grille is killing me, its just a giant chrome bar. I also don't see an emergency brake which leads me to believe that they went the way of the electronic parking brake.
N1gjrBa.jpg

Hard to say. It could be a different setup on the si w/the manual trans. That whole section would have to be designed slightly different for manual gearboxes.

Any info when new generation of Civic will be available @webby ? Curiosity is killing me:pout:

They've said "fall" for the sedan. My guess is late october for sedans at dealerships. I've heard late november for coupe/si - but those are rumors currently. Honda reps just said they would be announcing release info for the coupe etc in the near future. No date.

They've said "fall" for the sedan. My guess is late october for sedans at dealerships. I've heard late november for coupe/si - but those are rumors currently. Honda reps just said they would be announcing release info for the coupe etc in the near future. No date.
Have they said anything about pricing yet? I imagine with all the new features they seem to be adding the cost will have gone up from the current price point.

They haven't talked pricing yet. I'd wager when they do the press release on the SI, they'll end up releasing all of the trim prices. I'm sure they'll try to keep the base pricing very close to the 2015. The upper trim levels may have a more premium price with the led lighting and whatnot. Lane watch and other tech is already on the 2015, so those price factors are already involved in the 9th gen.

Example of how they released the 2012 pricing info -

Compared to the outgoing Civic, 2012 Civic pricing reflects a sales-weighted increase of approximately $33 (0.17 percent) across the entire lineup while adding significant improvements in relative value through new standard features, enhanced equipment and improved fuel economy. With the goal of making technology more affordable, navigation-equipped models are priced $400 to $500 less than their 2011 predecessors. At the entry level, the price of the value-oriented Civic DX Coupe remains the same as the outgoing DX trim level.

There are rumors that new Si will be 1.5 turbocharged.

Hopefully it's going to be turbocharged. I just want the new Si to be available already, so I can trade in my Coupe.:bunny:

The 2016 EX-T and EX-L trims are already announced with 1.5T engine. The Si will likely be a 1.8T with the Type R having a 2.0T
If Honda does anything like it normally does it will either be a more potent version of the 1.5L turbo or a de tuned 2.0L turbo based on the type r engine. Either way if it has a snail on it I envision it will get the aftermarket support much faster than the 9th gen Si is getting.

If Honda does anything like it normally does it will either be a more potent version of the 1.5L turbo or a de tuned 2.0L turbo based on the type r engine. Either way if it has a snail on it I envision it will get the aftermarket support much faster than the 9th gen Si is getting.
I think it would be a mistake on Hondas part to use the 1.5L turbo in the SI when you compare it to the competition. That would be a deal breaker for me. If it comes with a toned down type r power plant I will be at the dealership saying shut up and take my money.

Car certainly has potential. Something about the rear lines puts me off though. Can't wait to see Si version.

Back