2016 Honda Civic Pricing & Info Released

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2016 Civic Pricing & Review

The 2016 Civic embargo has been lifted by Honda and the reviews have been pouring in. Countless reviews have been posted online, and it seems that most of the reviews are glowing. These reviews are coming from automotive journalists who had a chance to test drive the 2016 Civic in the last few weeks. Here are a few snips of info showing pricing information and the various trim levels being offered. The SI and R trims have not been released yet.

The 2016 Civic sedan has been improved in every way, boasting the kind of seemingly contradictory specifications that mark a successful redesign. Examples include a chassis that’s 68 pounds lighter yet offers a 25 percent improvement in torsional rigidity. The use of multi-layered frame panels and a strategic blending of materials, including high-strength steel in key areas, contributes to the new Civic’s sturdy structure. Honda also went with a single piece rear subframe and specific “soft zones” in the chassis to absorb crash energy without sacrificing safety.

Honda reps claimed the body is also 58 percent better isolated from road, wind and engine noise, making it far quieter than the previous Civic, or any current competitors. We drove the new Civic back-to-back against several competitors and can confirm these claims. It really does feel more like a luxury car than a high-volume, mainstream sedan.

Honda didn’t stop with a comprehensive chassis makeover for the 2016 Civic. The new car offers two all-new powertrains, including Honda’s first mass-produced turbo engine. The 1.5-liter four-cylinder uses a small diameter turbo, high-tumble intake port, direct injection and sodium-filled exhaust valves to provide 174 horsepower and 162 pound-feet of torque. Despite its turbo this engine delivers a broad, flat torque band by way of its variable valve timing and electronic wastage. The 1.5-liter mates to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and delivers 31 city mpg, 42 highway mpg and 35 mpg in mixed driving.

Those horsepower and fuel efficiency numbers are the best in the compact car category, though the 1.5-liter turbo is only available on higher trim Civic EX and Touring models. The base engine is a 2.0-liter, non-turbo design delivering 158 horsepower and 138 pound-feet of torque. With 31 city mpg, 41 highway mpg and 35 combined mpg even the base 2016 Civic engine is among the best-in-class for horsepower and fuel efficiency. The same CVT automatic is offered with the 2.0-liter engine, though base Civic LX sedans can be ordered with a 6-speed manual.

Honda wanted a high-tech theme for the new Civic’s cabin, which features a wide instrument panel, 5-inch central display screen, automatic climate control and electric parking brake as standard equipment on the base LX trim sedan. The base model also includes a 160-watt audio system, standard LED taillights, daytime running lights and automatic headlights

The 2016 Civic has a starting price of $19,475 with the 6-speed manual transmission
(the automatic adds $800).

The Civic EX supplements the LX trim with
- Honda’s LaneWatch technology
- CVT automatic transmission
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- heated side mirrors
- moonroof
- remote engine start
- 7-inch touchscreen display
- 180-watt audio system and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
$21,875

The EX-T includes:
- 1.5-liter turbo engine
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- foglights
- heated front seats
- XM and HD radio
- dual-zone climate control
$23,035.

The Civic EX-L
- leather seats
- 8-way power driver’s seat
- auto-dimming rearview mirror
$24,535

(Garmin navigation is available on EX-Leather models for an additional $1,000).

http://10thcivic.com/threads/2016-honda-civic-review-pricing-information.44/

• Staff
1.5L turbo engine
  • 174 horsepower / 162 lb-ft
  • 31 city mpg, 42 highway mpg, 35 combined mpg
  • 0-60: [C&D achieved 6.8 sec] [Motor Trend achieved 7.2 sec w/ touring model] [official spec not yet released]
  • 1/4 mile: [Motor Trend achieved 15.5 sec @ 92.4 MPH w/ touring model]

2.0L NA engine
  • 158 horsepower / 138 lb-ft torque
  • With 31 city mpg, 41 highway mpg, 35 combined mpg
  • 0-60: [official spec not yet released]
Transmissions: 6-speed manual, Continuously variable (CVT)

Suspension F/R: Strut-type, coil springs/multilink, coil springs
Brakes F/R: Vented discs/solid discs
Tires F/R: 215/55R-16 (LX, EX), 215/50R-17 (EX-T, EX-L, Touring)

Wheelbase: 106.3 in (1.2 in longer than outgoing model)
Length: 182.3 in (2.9 in longer than outgoing model)
Width: 70.8 in (1.8 in longer than outgoing model)
Height: 55.7 in (0.8 in lower than outgoing model)
SAE volume: F: 52 cu ft R: 43 cu ft
Trunk volume: 15.1 cu ft (2.6 cu ft more than outgoing model)
Headroom: 37.5/36.8 in (front row/second row)
Legroom: 42.3/37.4 in (front row/second row)
Shoulder Room: 57.0/55.0 in (front row/second row)

Curb weight:
2,742 lbs (LX model) (12 lbs lighter than outgoing)
2924 lbs (touring) (6 lbs lighter than outgoing EX-L w/ nav)

Weight distribution F/R: 59.6-61.4 / 40.4-38.6%

Body / Chassis highlights
  • chassis is 68 pounds lighter
  • chassis is 25% more torsionally rigid
  • car is 12% more aerodynamic
  • single piece rear subframe
  • 58 percent better isolated from road, wind and engine noise
  • nearly 1 inch lower and nearly 2 inches wider
  • 1.2 inch longer wheelbase
  • class-leading cabin space
  • 2 inches more rear legroom

That's a lot of Information. If they offered the turbo model with a manual I would probably be sold on replacing my 2010 civic. Those are some solid numbers from that engine.

That's a lot of Information. If they offered the turbo model with a manual I would probably be sold on replacing my 2010 civic. Those are some solid numbers from that engine.

Looks like you will most likely be buying an 2016 Si :giggle:

At least that if what we all are thinking its going to be. Honda need to get off their arse and announce the Si already.

At least that if what we all are thinking its going to be. Honda need to get off their arse and announce the Si already.

Well since the car will be for my girlfriend since she uses the 2010 now I was trying to keep it practical. We were actually considering looking at the fits since we could use something with a little more trunk space short of going with a truck. The thought of her having an si and getting the go fast bug is tempting though.

You were right on the sensor on the lower bumper by the way. It's call "Honda Sensing"

The Honda Sensing package offers an impressive array of advanced features, including smart cruise control, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, road departure mitigation, forward collision warning and collision mitigation braking. While it’s standard on the Touring trim it can be added to any Civic sedan for $1,000.

I want CarPlay on my car. Damn you Honda for not delivering on the 9thgen like to you told us you were going to do!

Me waiting to hear more about the Si pricing and specs...
2881043-1732287819-waiti.jpg

Me waiting to hear more about the Si pricing and specs...
2881043-1732287819-waiti.jpg

one of the reviewers made comments that the coupe should be showing up some time in November, and then si sometime "this winter". I don't know if that means it'll be December or later?

Man, those prices......they seem high to anyone? Not looking good for the Si and even worse for the Type R.

Back