2017 Civic Type R Prototype Caught Testing On The Ring

aaj.gif

Same with this - looks like the front hood is the same. The upper grill even fits almost identically from what I can see. The pic I used had the touring LED headlamps and the R looks to have a single projector headlamp. The lower grill is definitely different & adds a chin spoiler. The fog light cutout looks to be different as well & it has a vertical air vent pushed out towards the side (looks like). I just hope they go with black...or color matched paint instead of the chrome look.

Thoughts?

I really hope those are just test wheels and the actual wheels will be smaller. Those tires need more sidewall. Now if someone can get those front brakes to fit my car...

I really hope those are just test wheels and the actual wheels will be smaller. Those tires need more sidewall. Now if someone can get those front brakes to fit my car...

Euro spec has low profile tires too.:( 235/35 tires 19" wheels

These guys say this won't be the one coming to the USA.
they even say it in the title....?

"This Is Honda’s Next-Gen 2017 Civic Type-R 5-Door Hatch That’s Coming To U.S."

If you read it they say it's going to be a temp model that will not be here in the USA
they're also absolutely high.

"the current car is based on the mid-cycle facelift of the ninth generation Civic"

that is not built off the 9th gen. Post 21 and previous of mine show it's a match to the 10th gen production sedan that's been shown in the last week.

This car is soooo tempting. But i dont know if $35k+ is justifiable. Gotta see how the Si will look like.

Is there even any rubber on those wheels?

Euro spec has low profile tires too.:( 235/35 tires 19" wheels

I foresee quite a few bent wheels from street driving

19" wheels. :pimp:
Yeah, the 19s will be stock on the new Type-Rs due to the massive front brembo brakes so most 18 and all 17 inch wheels won't fit. If I was to get a type-R, I would downgrade to smaller rotors/calipers to accommodate my current 17" wheels. I can't see myself ever driving a car with super low profile tires on the streets. Especially, the streets in NJ. At least, the pavements in any tracks are nicely paved so using 19s with super low profile tires will never be a problem. The stock brembos are perfect for track use though.

Back