Retrofit Headlight Installation

Custom Lightz

Hi.

I recently did a few 9th Generation Honda Civic headlight retrofits, and decided to take the time out to show you how to remove/install the headlights and bumper, install a wire harness, and to properly align the headlights once done.

The videos are in sequence. Please feel free to ask any quesitons here. If something is unclear to you, it probably is for someone else too. I'll try to answer the questions as good as I can.

If there are any direct questions about custom setups and prices, send me an email to bjorn@customlightz.com, or txt or call me at (516) 241-9112

Bumper & Headlight Removal

Wire Harness Installation

Bumper & Headlight Installation, and Headlight Alignment

Final Project

Thanks for watching,
Custom Lightz Team

great videos. These will be a great resource for people :thumbsup:

if you're wanting him to do your lights, you can ship them to him. I'd say the largest part of his business is done purely by mail. You ship the lights to him, and he sends them back completed. You'd just need to talk to him about his schedule, so you can arrange a date for the least amount of downtime or whatever.

These videos ended up being very helpful when I installed my PNP DDM HID (that's a lotta initials) kit this afternoon. I kinda want to do a retrofit (did one to my EJ1) but I don't want to hack up the OEM headlights. Plus, I'm really hoping we get the factory projectors in the USDM next model year.

4epumuvy.jpg

Anyone know about these lights? There for the blinkers on my spec d headlights.. They look great but when i put them in the hazards stayed on.. Couldnt even use the blinkers..

Does anyone have parts numbers for these sockets or perhaps know where to get them? These are overseas projector replicas.

Attachments

• IMG_20151108_083036.jpg
    IMG_20151108_083036.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 23
Yes I saw those posts, but the headlights I might buy from Asia, do not come with turn signal socket nor the parking light socket. There are just two empty holes as pictured. Harness I can do myself no problem but the sockets for actual bulbs that fit the lights I may not be able to source locally, it would be great help if I knew what those part numbers are.

Anyone know about these lights? There for the blinkers on my spec d headlights.. They look great but when i put them in the hazards stayed on.. Couldnt even use the blinkers..
I may be wrong but I believe this has to do with polarity, try removing the bulb and installing it the other way, there are two contacts so switch them up. Or maybe it's shorting out. I had this prob on bmw when the bulb wasn't seated properly so that tripped the whole system, all turn signals were on.

send a message to team3d. He's had the euro projectors and the asian projectors.

I may be wrong but I believe this has to do with polarity, try removing the bulb and installing it the other way, there are two contacts so switch them up. Or maybe it's shorting out. I had this prob on bmw when the bulb wasn't seated properly so that tripped the whole system, all turn signals were on.
Sorry for the late reply.. I still have the bulbs maybe I'll try that.. I thought I may need resistors.. Led's don't put as much of a load on the circuit and I was thinking that's why they stay on.. Maybe they use capacitors to make the blinkers flash on and off and led's change the circuit resistance... Just a thought..

Back