Insane - Chinese toddler struck by 2 trucks

What the hell? Why are people so damn ignorant?!?!

The “Nanjing judge” refers to an infamous 2006 incident where a young man named Peng Yu went to the aid of an elderly woman who had fallen down on the street in the eastern city of Nanjing. At the woman’s request, Peng helped take her to the hospital only to have the woman turn around and accuse him for being the person who knocked her down. A Nanjing judge then ruled that “common sense” suggested that Peng only took the woman to the hospital because he was guilty and ordered him to pay her medical expenses.

The story was picked up by the Chinese media and quickly became a cautionary tale for many Chinese: no good deed goes unpunished.

====
unreal

Chinese toddler dies a week after being hit by cars, ignored by passersby

A 2-year-old Chinese girl -- who was ignored after being hit by two cars last week, later sparking a fierce debate about the state of China's morals -- has died, a nurse at a military hospital said.

Wang Yue died about 12:32 a.m. Friday, according to a nurse in the intensive care unit at Guangzhou Military Hospital, in Guangzhou. The nurse would not give her name, a common practice in such situations.

The girl was eventually rescued by a 58-year-old scavenger, who pulled her aside and tried to get help.
The toddler's mother, Qu Feifei, later said her daughter was in critical condition at a hospital, with her brain showing little activity despite earlier subtle movements in her lower body.

The video footage sparked a global outcry about the state of morality in China's fast-changing society. That included generating a flurry of activity on Sina Weibo, China's equivalent of Twitter, and spurring a "Stop Apathy" online campaign.

China still has a long way to go regarding civil/human rights in general. The individual remains expendable in comparison to the value of the whole. Many Chinese who have disabilities receive no government aid, whatsoever, and are reduced to begging for money on the streets. I saw my first ever quad-amputee on a sidewalk in Beijing. He sat there for hours with a tin can and his face looking down in despair. I've never seen a more sorrowful sight in all my life.

sad situation :sadbanana: reminds me of the last time I was in washington dc. I can't even count how many disabled/homeless individuals I saw. I remember a class trip (in 5th grade) where security officers were forcibly removing a homeless man from the smithsonian. It was freezing outside, and he said he was just trying to warm up.

But then, on the other hand, you have all those people who rescued that motorcyclist who got trapped underneath that Bimmer in Salt Lake City. Humanity is not completely hopeless! :)

I'm not only shocked that no one helped...but extremely disappointed that the mother wasn't watching her two year old who wandered out on the street.

I see that happening here in the U.S. all the time. Worse yet, parents who leave their kids in cars to gamble, or forget about them in the summer.

I am constantly disgusted by some of the things that "parents" allow to happen to their children.

Back