What do you do at work? (pics)

Now, if I have a head scan, and I have screws in my knee couldn't they just stick my head in the machine? On several occasions they've chosen not to scan me because of the screw.... Just wondering?
C.T. machines (Computed Tomography) use multiple pulses of radiation to piece together a sliced 3-dimensional image. Getting a CT scan with metal in your body will not cause any additional negative effects.

M.R.I. machines (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) are similar but uses a strong magnetic field to make the image. The benefit is MRIs don't give you a heavy dose of ionizing radiation, but they are more expensive. Additionally, since they use STRONG magnetism, metal in the body can be dangerous. Image your screws being torn out of your body.

I've heard stories of MRI techs have their keys pulled out of their pockets and into the machine, and when they get close enough their bra underwire pulls away. Check on Youtube, there is a video of a chair hooked to a scale pulling hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

Well...
tumblr_n39mfnxz8A1s751i1o1_250.gif

I used to be a dispatcher for a convalescent transport center. Now I'm a stay at home mom and going to school for pharmacy tech. And hopefully later going for ultrasound tech.

Back