Flights 97 Ex build thread

so just the wilwood up front I'm guessing... since you just did the rear rotors?

Calipers came in. I got the chance to weigh one of the new ones last night. Looks like there about 2.5-3lbs each. I will weigh the stock one when I get it off the car.
b4f9bbd6a9990b1dff62865431f37ce6.jpg
0dfdd94d6b05ea2a15f5d71a59525aaf.jpg

ek-proplus-04.jpg

Got and installed a set of Skunk2 Pro series plus front control arms since doing some at home measurement as best I could tell I was running over -3° all around. Made a cheap camber measuring tool using a scrap piece of wood and some screws and did a home alignment to get things back to a more reasonable range.

Currently sitting around -1.5° in the front and -2.0° in the rear. wanted to pull more camber out of the rear but I'm afraid if I do the back tires will rub since the fenders are not rolled.

Haven't had a chance to drive the car after install to see if it feels better since I don't want to drive all of my nice new parts through all the melting snow and heaps of salt.

Finally got around to replacing my bent power steering pump pulley and replacing the belt. It was some random belt we found off a Mitsubishi eclipse that we had laying around that just happened to fit.

Now I'm trying to figure out why the car looses battery charge over the course of 2 weeks. Struggling to figure out if its a voltage draw even when the car is off, which would be odd since I didn't have the issue before and I haven't changed anything electrical recently, or if the failing alternator caused the battery to go bad as well. Current battery is 3 years old.

Unfortunately I don't think the car will be ready for the first autocross of the season next month. I don't have anywhere near enough money saved to get the car tuned and I don't know enough about Hondata or engine tuning to take a preliminary crack at it myself.

Reactions: Nix
Check the interior lights for current draw. Had a friend recently with an older accord that was eating batteries. Turned out be a short in one of the visor mirror lights that didn't work anymore.

Kickass progress though man!

Check the interior lights for current draw. Had a friend recently with an older accord that was eating batteries. Turned out be a short in one of the visor mirror lights that didn't work anymore.

Kickass progress though man!

Only interior light is the dome light, which doesn't work anymore unless you physically turn the switch on. I'll still hit it with the multimeter though.

wow its been a minute since i posted an update in here.

Spent some time and revised my intake design to get the air filter out of the engine bay. Waiting on word back from a tuning shop but it looks like professional tuning is finally in this things future.
d7e00e77225a690bb85673cd5fc36cf1.jpg

Back