Ski & Snowboard Thread

Im in Atlanta. I guess there's somewhere in NC once winter hits. I usually fly to CO/UT.
NC skipped winter this year and went back to summer. Its Christmas Eve and it is already 78 outside. And there are no signs for cooling off only supposed too get hotter. So it's time to get the Surfboards out. :beer:

I'm out for the first time with my 3 kids and one of their buddies. Conditions are super icey. Gots to hug the treeline to find snow. Oh well.... great to be out finally!
6f6f29151184c321d720816df186b75b.jpg
bb20666a00f0d62bc32f7675ed4c14a9.jpg
c4a66227713a27c0d188eaaa3981b3cf.jpg
i wish we could do night runs here

I've never skied either of those resorts. I've been fortunate enough to ski Lake Louise, Marmot Basin, Nakiska, Fortress, Panarama, Kimberley and Jackson Hole in the west. Lake Louise and Marmot being my favorites. In the east I've skied Mont St Anne, Stoneham, Le Massif and Le Relais. My favorite being le Massif. These centres are so small compared to the Rocky Mountains ones.

what was your opinion of jackson
Loved it! I regret not doing the infamous Colbert's Corridor.
I was only 19 at the time and I remember it being such a pain in the asss to party because it's 21 to drink there. Alberta is 18.

image.jpg

so when you go on something like that you're basically braking nonstop from side to side.... or going straight down at mach speed?

A buddy and I tried to hike up a mountain face today to hit a nice run and some untouched powder, but only made it halfway up the natural halfpipe just to the left of center in the picture.
20160108_142305.jpg
Other than that pretty decent conditions at Lake Louise. Roughly 2" of snow in the last 24 hours before we hit the hill. Some runs were hard packed but good compared to the past couple weeks were there's been hardly any fresh snow
1jnyTs0.jpg

Back