tail of the dragon spring meet 2016?

Subscribed.

I'm interested as long as we don't drive 226A.... :( :banghead:

Of course I'd need some lead time so I can request off work/make sure the wife is cool with it :giggle:
I got to do the same I got a bunch of vacation time I need to use before I lose it.
Normally I need a month in advance to so I can have someone to sit in my spot.

We meet up and go drive on a bunch of really really fun roads. Usually one person leads and the rest follow. Depending on ability, skill, and comfort level you pick your spot in line. Its as casual or intense as you want it to be. These are not some "kinda twisty" roads, they are pretty intense.

The tail of the dragon is the main attraction in the area but there are lots of other really good roads as well. The Dragon itself can get very congested with tourist traffic, slow harley riders, and cops. Hence, some days other roads are a better option. The Dragon is also one of the top driving roads in the world.

Well, make the drive out! It looks like there might be a small get together in the spring from this thread and there is always the big official forum Dragon run in the fall. Usually end of September. Guys have driven in from Canada and California so you can't say its too far!

Don't forget to mention the most important part....you get to hang out with fellow enthusiasts and can make some great relationships that expand beyond the keyboard.
And potentially be held hostage with phone cords

I am potentially in depending on what weekend you guys pick on. Have 1 wedding on march 12-13 in TX. Would love to meet up with some Carolina locals to hear some different exhausts. I am looking at takeda, tsudo, or q300. Love the sound of the tsudo from the videos however everyone that has it says it is very loud. I have heard the same of the takeda, however I like the dual tip. I know what to expect from the q300, it just doesnt sound as deep as I am hoping.

I might be interested if I can get the BMW finished. Not sure if the Si wants another trip. 235k miles and counting.

There are other cabins in the area that are nicer, bigger, and cheaper than Fontana. Only problem was the driveway at the one I stayed at. Steep and gravel.

Sadly I am unable to go this year with my deployment being pushed for earlier dates and doing field probems I have been unable to get any real vacation time. And the little bit of time I got I am spending with my Family. But next year hopfully I can be back in time for the big one that goes on in September.

Sadly I am unable to go this year with my deployment being pushed for earlier dates and doing field probems I have been unable to get any real vacation time. And the little bit of time I got I am spending with my Family. But next year hopfully I can be back in time for the big one that goes on in September.

Thanks again for your service and hope you can attend the meet in September.

Back