AEM CAI VS PRL SRI

Zammittt

Toronto, Ontation, Canada
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Hey guys, I currently have a AEM CAI and im trying to decide if I should leave that on my car or swap to a PRL SRI with a throttle body spacer.

Other mods I have include...flash-pro, full-race catted DP.

Any thoughts on what I should do? keeping in mine I have in canada and we get winters here so the CAI has to come out in the winter anyways.

I can answer this. I had the aem cai installed on my Si and decided to ask Vit in pm if it would be good enough for tuning. He, as well as numerous others, said 3.5 inch tubing is a lot better than the standard 2.5 inch.

Now he has also said the PRL CAI was the only intake to show gains over stock.

I sold my aem cai, uninstalled and sold it, bought the PRL sri, and then sold that. But I've heard good things about the PRL sri and it looked great in person (never installed it before selling)

Lastly, I would skip the throttle body spacer. Temps went down a bit on the intake, but the car felt a lot more responsive when I removed it and went back to stock (sold it.)

just picked up the PRL SRI. sounds fantastic :vtec: don't have my tune yet, can't wait. Vit had some nice things to say about the SRI.

KLI8HKO.jpg

I am considering a prl Sri and a tune this tax season. Is this worth it? I am considering saving and doing a tune and downpipe instead. If u tuned please post your results. @gmarch

I am considering a prl Sri and a tune this tax season. Is this worth it? I am considering saving and doing a tune and downpipe instead. If u tuned please post your results. @gmarch
A downpipe/tune will net substantially larger gains over an intake/tune. Absolutely no comparison.

Ya, $200 difference tho. I need a cat. I was thinking intake/tune this year and Dp exhaust next year

Multiple companies make downpipes with high flow cats. Still no comparison. You'll feel very little gain with intakes. You'll have more "noise".

Id get the PRL CAI and not the sri, the sri goes to the back of the engine which cause to pick hot air
.get the CAI with battery relocator and if you realy want a SRI take off the second piece that goes to the fender

Back